Best AP Elective

<p>These are the AP electives I have to choose from at my school. What do you think I should take and why (Based off of your own experience/preference)</p>

<p>AP Music Theory
AP Computer Science A
AP Statistics
AP Macro & Micro Economics
AP Psychology
AP Studio Art
AP Art History</p>

<p>Unless you know basic music theory, don't take ap music.
Psych is easy and interesting. I would recommend this.
Macro and Micro i think would be more useful in the future.
Art is just memorization, but it's still a lot. I wouldn't say this is the easiest though.</p>

<p>Computer Science. </p>

<p>Personally I think it's cool to learn how to tell the computer to do things you want to do. You learn a lot of neat stuff and there's hardly (if any) bookwork. If you like logic and computers I think that Computer Science would be a good course for you (and a fairly easy one). If you are more of a humanities person, I would go with Macro/Micro or Psych.</p>

<p>What are your interests?</p>

<p>As far as I know, Psychology covers only a minimal amount of information, in terms of the broad scope of the field. If you're looking for intense stuff, this may not be the best course.</p>

<p>Music Theory seems interesting, but as I have no prior experience with music...alas, I cannot comment. Same goes for Studio Art and Computer Science.</p>

<p>Personally, I love Economics, and Art History proves highly enjoyable (for em personally, though). I'd recommend that. Stats is very interesting as well, but it all depends on what you like.</p>

<p>Unless you play an instrument, can match pitch, and can very easily read music, I STRONGLY recommend against taking AP Music Theory.</p>

<p>Never taken any of the others, although I've heard that AP Art History is a challenging (if interesting class).</p>

<p>I have an extensive music background, so I'm self-studying AP Music Theory. It's pretty interesting, but without perfect pitch, it's a lot harder. Without much background in music, you're asking for failure.</p>

<p>If you can memorize a lot of stuff well without getting bored, take Art History.</p>

<p>If you're interested in stuff like the stock market, business, and the global economic problems, take Economics.</p>

<p>If you want to understand why people think the way they do, do what they do, say what they say, etc., take Psychology.</p>

<p>If you like the above (for Psych) and are also good at math, do Statistics.</p>

<p>If you're into computers and want to learn about how they work, take Computer Science.</p>

<p>If you can draw/make stuff/take pictures well, do Studio Art, I guess. For me, that class would be like hell, but that's because I can't draw to save my life. </p>

<p>Really, it's up to you. Good luck making the choice!</p>

<p>As nigcrunch said, computer science can be very interesting for those people who enjoy math and solving problems that involve logic. Unlike a lot of the other classes, it's not too much memorization. And in my experience taking the class, I never had homework and very minimal book work. It was mainly writing programs. For some people, that'd be torture, but I enjoyed it.</p>

<p>AP Statistics is fairly simple, that is if you are a math person, but don't expect it to be like calc. Unlike CS, you are almost guaranteed homework and projects that involve time outside of school. It's likely you'd have to take stat in college, so getting it out of the way in high school would be beneficial.</p>

<p>AP Psych is an interesting class. It really depends on the teacher regarding how much work is involved, but there is a lot of memorization. The AP test isn't that bad. As with Stat, the credit would be useful for college.</p>

<p>Art History.</p>

<p>
[quote]

If you can memorize a lot of stuff well without getting bored, take Art History.</p>

<p>If you're interested in stuff like the stock market, business, and the global economic problems, take Economics.</p>

<p>If you want to understand why people think the way they do, do what they do, say what they say, etc., take Psychology.</p>

<p>If you like the above (for Psych) and are also good at math, do Statistics.</p>

<p>If you're into computers and want to learn about how they work, take Computer Science.</p>

<p>If you can draw/make stuff/take pictures well, do Studio Art, I guess. For me, that class would be like hell, but that's because I can't draw to save my life.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Add "If you like to watch dirty movies and jerk off a lot, take AP Biology"</p>

<p>Out of the ones listed, I took Stat and Micro. Both were fairly easy, compared to some of the other APs I've taken, so I would recommend them both if you are good with graphs and numbers.</p>

<p>Stat is great. The actual mathematics are easy, it's mostly a lot of reading comprehension... So you don't even need to be a a math person, so to speak. Plus, statistics classes are everywhere in education these days. There are many majors that include some form of a stat class in their requirements, and taking AP stat can get your feet wet and give you a basic introduction to something you might need in the future!</p>

<p>Taking APs that can give credit to your major will help a lot.</p>

<p>psychology.</p>

<p>don't do art history. i fell asleep daily in that class...</p>

<p>Take AP Psychology if you are looking for a fun/easy (depends on the teacher really) class, take AP Macro & Micro Economics if you want to learn something useful.</p>

<p>I find that Macro/Micro is more than information about the economics, it teaches me what is important to trade off in life and the importance of investment on education after high school. </p>

<p>What you are doing now is an example of trade off, which choice will benefit you the most? an easy class or a class that helps you in your future career (doesn't have to be Micro/Macro).</p>

<p>AP Music Theory: No. **Too hard, even though I studied music theory previously.
AP Computer Science A: **Don't know about this

AP Statistics: Yes. ** Useful but unlikely to earn college credit.
AP Macro & Micro Economics: **Yes. **Interesting subject, earns credit.
AP Psychology:
Maybe. *Fairly easy AP. Quite a bit of memorisation.
AP Studio Art: **Depends on skill. *
If you're not good at it, DON'T TAKE IT.
AP Art History: *Depends on interest. * If you love history/art, go for it. Otherwise you might fall asleep.</p>

<p>^Agreed. It really depends on your personal interests. If it were me, I would choose art history, psychology, or computer science, but these are MY interests.</p>

<p>Does your school allow AP Studio Art for anyone to take? Mine has a lot of pre/co requisites (2D design, and min. 2 of: Drawing 1, Painting 1, 2D design, Drawing from Life, Photo) </p>

<p>This is just from my school but AP Studio is a killer and obviously meant for the kids who love art.</p>