<p>Teacher is really not that great
I am a hard worker
I want a 5 on the exam (who doesn't)</p>

<p>1) PR with Barron's
2) PR with AP Achiever
3) PR with Ethel Woods
4) PR with 5 Steps
5) PR with (your suggestion)</p>

<p>I would do PR with Barron's. I haven't even heard of AP Achiever or Ethel Woods for APWH but I can tell you that 5 Steps is just not that good. Your teacher isn't that great so you're probably going to want a prep book that overprepares you, similar to a textbook. Since I doubt you want to get a textbook, Barron's is widely known for overpreparation in the books. Personally, I used 5 Steps and PR (but seriously, PR is so much better) but I had a good teacher. I have friends that used Barron's and they all told me that it has a lot of information that probably won't be on the exam, but nevertheless, I think you'd be better off with a book that has a lot of detail.</p>

<p>Why does 5 Steps suck? Its chapters are like 2-3 pages long and it goes over the information so fast that it doesn't stick in your head. PR is humorous (well, humorous considering that it's an AP prep book) and I just retained more information. As opposed to Barron's or PR or probably any other book, 5 Steps simply just does not have enough detail.</p>

<p>Hope that helped :)</p>

<p>I read on Amazon that 5 steps was helpful. So even if i use it with PR it won't be helpful?</p>

<p>Of course, some people are gonna like 5 Steps to a 5. A friend of a friend took the test and got a 5 using that book. Personally, I didn't like it. I wasn't planning on using PR, but after using 5 Steps (I highlighted important stuff, I reviewed chapters, I took the little chapter quizzes.. I actually studied), I ordered PR like 2 weeks before the exam.</p>

<p>I had a pretty good teacher and 5 Steps served as a quick review.. not that I remembered anything. The 2 things I liked about that book was that 1) it had a lot of review questions and 2) it had charts of economic/social/political/etc highlights in each region for diff time periods. I didn't use them, fyi. Even in the review questions, it asked stuff that WASN'T in the chapter. Yeah, what the ..? I actually went back and checked, and sure enough, it wasn't in the two pages I had just read. 5 Steps is too concise.</p>

<p>But we're different people. If you know anyone who used that book, ask to borrow it and see if you like it. Even if you're anxious to order/buy (btw Amazon is super cheap! :D) your prep books, just buy PR for now and then wait to look at Barron's or 5 Steps.</p>

<p>Telling you though, I felt like I wasted time with 5 Steps. After reading it, I didn't feel very prepared. At all.
Btw, I'm sure you've heard this already, but the APWH exam is pretty broad. Any specific detail it tests you on is stuff that you should just KNOW or very important stuff. Also, a lot of the MC and the FRQs are about comparing societies, or comparing time periods- basically finding and making connections. 5 Steps might review information but it doesn't help you think on that type of "make connections and be broad" level like PR does. PR helped me remember more information annnd it prepped me for the actual AP exam.</p>

<p>Sorry for the long reply but I hope that helped. It seems like you're pretty scared for this class so yeah :) haha</p>

<p>Barron's is messy
PR with 5 steps with a 5. those book has crazy (but good at the same time) practice questions.</p>

<p>Thanks! You guys really helped!</p>