Best book to research colleges for kids with learning disbilities?

<p>I am trying to find out what the best directory is for researching/comparing the various colleges and undergrad universities from the perspective of a high school student (or his or her parents) trying to decide where to apply. The learning disability in question is moderate. Ideally what I want is a page or two on each college, listing what assistance they offer, what requirements might be waived (foreign langauge, for example), and what they require from applicants (three years of a foreign langauge in high school, for example, subject to waiver upon presentation of x, y, and z). Thanks much for your help and advice.</p>

<p>I don't know the title, but I think Peterson's publishes a book specifically on this?</p>

<p>The book is "The K&W Guide to Colleges For Students With Learning Disabilities or Attention Deficit Disorder, 6th Edition" published by Princeton Review.</p>

<p>Also 40 Colleges that Change Lives by Loren Pope</p>

<p><a href="http://www.ldonline.org%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.ldonline.org&lt;/a> has some really good articles and resources. Just do a search on their website "college"</p>

<p>I knew of the book 40 Colleges That Change Lives but never saw a connection between it and learning disabilities. What is the connection? Thanks.</p>

<p>the connection is because there are many schools that aren't just looking for top scores/grades. While some college presidents feel the need to state in the NYTs that they feel SATs are still valid and important ;), at the same time, they take other things into consideration when admitting students.</p>

<p>LACs mentioned in Popes book may have smaller classes than universities, labs and seminar classes as well as lecture & more interaction with other students and profs. For instance, when they note that a student missed class, many profs at my Ds school will email students to see if they are ill etc.</p>

<p>Her college that had been mentioned in colleges that change lives as well as other guides for students that have other criteria besides the most competitive, had tutors available, as well as organizational coaches and support groups for students with LDs.</p>

<p>D has ADD as well as learning disabilities. Since it is part of the civil rights act, that equal access be provided in all schools, our main criteria was not that they had learning disabilty services, but was a good fit otherwise.</p>

<p>I don't even think that the schools she applied to, and certainly not the school she graduated from, were listed in the K&W guide for students with learning disabilities.</p>

<p>However, we did find that many of the efforts toward more student engagement, also helped support students with challenges.</p>