Trying to find hidden matches for our unique family circumstances. Single parent caring for sibling with cancer. New England desired but California, DC, etc of interest, Ireland a stretch in terms of location desireability but financially attractive. Mom not familiar with schools beyond Massaschusetts and seeking tips.
- US Citizen, Massachusetts Resident and also an Irish (EU Citizen)
- Public High School
- Gender/Race/Ethnicity (optional): Male/White
- Other special factors *(Sibling of Cancer Patient with special circumstances, low income mother due to child cancer needs/high income father, second generation to college):
Intended Major(s) Business (Marketing or Finance). Catholic Affiliation a nice to have.
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- Unweighted HS GPA: 3.09
- Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): 4.6 out of 6.0
- Class Rank: N/A
- ACT/SAT Scores: 1420
*(Takes 3 AP Classes per term in subjects like Languages, US History, psych, etc. (not in math/science), AP/IB scores were mixed with a 3 and a 4 of those that ranked.
Awards National Honor Society Member
- Boy Scout leader, and awards, works part time
Unique circumstances have been his independence during his siblings cancer treatment and family demands/high resiliency
Cost Constraints / Budget
*Divorced parents. Custodial parent is low income, non custodial is high income.
Budget is around UMass Amherst price (mid 30’s) with some flexibility.
(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)
- Safety (certain admission and affordability) UMassDartmouth
- Likely (would be possible, but very unlikely or surprising, for it not to admit or be affordable) UMassLowell, University of New Hampshire
- Match Bryant, Bentley
- Reach Babson, BC, UConn, UCSanDiego, Northeastern, Providence, UMassAmherst Isenberb Business School