Best residence hall?

<p>What is the best residence hall at NYU for freshmen?</p>

<p>Anything but Weinstein</p>

<p>I have a friend who lives in Paladium (sp?), it very ridiculous, even has a pool in it. I don't think freshmen can live there, though I hope I'm wrong.</p>

<p>I also think weinstein is not bad, but compared to some others it may not be so hot. Obviously you don't want your friends having a better residence hall than you, thats probably why nobody wants it.</p>

<p>freshmen can't live in paladium... there are only a few special freshie dorms, so that we can't commit suicide. </p>

<p>and weinstein doesn't sound so bad - why does no one want it? it seems to have the best location out of all the freshie dorms, tons of food/ dining room things, and I have heard that it's very social... so please don't attack me for saying this, but a the most social dorm that has a great location and food sounds like the one for me.... so why am I still wrong?</p>

<p>the rooms are very small. they also have concrete walls and hard floors.</p>

<p>yeaah ugly and small</p>

<p>I lived in weinstern during nyu's summer program....it is THE worst dorm ever...I would never go back there, even if the housing was free...its really that bad (aka like a prison).</p>

<p>Well, Weinstein is nothing special, but I don't know. I've seen Weinstein, and I've seen and lived dorms at some other colleges and they are horrendous compared to Weinstein. I'm talking much smaller rooms, common bathrooms, sometimes lack of windows, some dorms even worse than ours in high school, which themselves are nothing to brag about. Weinstien also had a Quiznos in it from what I remember.</p>

<p>I live in Weinstein. Don't let anyone tell you that it's an awful place to live. I chose it because I got in E.D. and I've never regretted it. It's got the best location, the best dining facilities at NYU, it's very social and friendly, and it has a/c. If I had the decision to make all over again, I'd still choose it. My advice is to look at the housing site, decide how far you want to be from WSP, what the dining hall is like, and whether you feel like walking to and from your classes every day. I know people who don't mind it and also others who hate it, especially in winter. And again, unless you're an E.D. kid, you don't get to choose a dorm anyway.</p>

<p>matth, i know how much you love saying only ED'ers get to pick.... but RD'ers get to pick this year...</p>

<p>yes, its new this year, regular decision ppl get to pick too</p>

<p>Well, if that's true, it sucks for you E.D. kids, mattistottle. :)</p>

<p>im sure ED still gets first preference</p>

<p>I'm not sure about that. I've called the housing office a couple times and they've been giving me mixed responses. I don't think they know how they are handling it because this is the first year.</p>

<p>Wait, RD students get preference too? Is this on a first come first serve basis based on who turns in the SIR first?</p>

<p>OOOOHH, that's good news to hear!!!! <em>crosses fingers for Hayden</em></p>

<p>where do you tell them your preference? Do they send something after you send your deposit?</p>

<p>I have to agree. Weinstein is nicer than your average college dorm, but in my opinion the worst at NYU. It is however very social and has the best dining hall.</p>

<p>My opinion: Hayden's the best. University Hall, Third North, and Goddard are the next best.</p>

<p>I agree with J Blue. However i would switch third north and u-hall. U-hall as great rooms but no one knows how the social life is because this is the first year they will be on freshmen</p>