best schools for tourism and hospitality? or music (voice instrument)?

<p>I’m actually helping to find out about this for a friend, and I reckon this is the best place to gather some peer wisdom!</p>

<p>So, she’s a Singaporean student, with only O’ levels results… But her extracurricular is really among one of the most impressive that I have seen. IN that she has held several president positions for Choirs, and went for a number of competitions…Blah blah, so you see, the passion is there. In fact, she’s currently volunteering as a choir teacher for a group of kids from a children’s home.</p>

<p>Her education pathway is a really windy and rocky one, due to the fact that she’s been suffering from depression. But in spite of that she’s been a totally popular friend. Everyone LOVES her like loves her.</p>

<p>And I dare say that she’s really made for service and singing, I’m not the only one to think this way…so anyone got any good schools (from any country at all) to recommend for a degree in tourism or hospitality management, or just studies involving using voice as an instrument?</p>

<p>Much thanks! Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!!</p>

<p>Cornell in the U.S. has the best hotel administration school - which is learning how to work in the hospitality industry.</p>

<p>I don’t know about singing - probably would have to go to a school with a great education program so she can teach (odds of making a living singing are pretty darn low). Cornell’s education program isn’t great, so perhaps your friend would have to choose which path she wants or find a school with respected programs in each (which I guess Cornell has, but its education program is certainly not a flagship like the Hotel School is).</p>

<p>Though, if her education path has been “windy and rocky”, sounds like she might not have the grades anyway. Even Cornell rejects 80% of applicants.</p>

<p>Two schools with world-class hospitality programs, but easier to get into than Cornell, are U. of Nevada-Las Vegas and Cal Poly Pomona.</p>

<p>Also look at Purdue and Michigan State for hospitality/tourism.</p>

<p>I think University of Central Florida (in Orlando) has their own hospitality school (rosen???)…not sure…you may want to check that out as well…</p>