Between Princeton, Stanford, Columbia, and UC Berkeley, which school is best for chemical/bioengineering, easy access to research opportunities, less requirements/qualifications to join clubs, and a COLLABORATIVE environment? I am interested in a rigorous course load, but I prefer a less competitive environment where fellow classmates are willing to collaborate.
Whether the environment is more competitive may depend more on your major. Bioengineering seems to have more pre-meds, although chemical engineering has some.
Until you have been accepted to all of these, don’t waste your emotional and intellectual energy on trying to figure this out.
I have been accepted to Princeton University. However, I don’t know whether I should spend more time to apply to these additional schools or stick to Princeton. I’m trying to find out what benefits they offer that might not be there at Princeton.
More details please… you have been accepted to Princeton as a transfer student? Graduate student? Questbridge match?
How did you get accepted to Princeton they don’t even have an early round this year
Isn’t transfer release date somewhere in June? Much later than the first-year rounds
If you were admitted to Princeton as a QB match, stop wasting your time - you have a full ride plus scholarship to Princeton. You won’t get anything better at anywhere else.
Why would you attend Columbia or Stanford, and, at best, still have to pay thousands of dollars for travel, books, etc?
If you matched with QB, you got a full ride to Princeton. You can’t get better than that.
I would say at this level and with those degrees the question isn’t what the schools will do for you but what you will do when you attend any one of these schools. Both Chemical and Bio Engineering are challenging (at any school) and on the whole most engineering programs are collaborative (engineering is collaborative). Any of them will offer pathways and opportunities if you choose to take the initiative and avail yourself of them. Good luck.