Thanks. I was confused because I googled BH and couldn’t find anything that related to the royals or PR.
Glad the Bucks won @saillakeerie . We were just visiting Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago on a trip to Chicago. Passed through Columbus too on the way back to Pittsburgh.
Among a certain segment BH always refers to BOGLEHEADS, a forum, self-described disciples of the late John Bogle.
I’m fine with the Palace having a PR campaign to promote Lady Louise or her mother to get the attention away from the bad boys (Andrew and Harry). I don’t have a lot of interest in Charles and spouse. I won’t be reading Harry’s tell all book.
You don’t need to like any of the royal family but to group Harry in with Andrew as “bad boys” shows a serious lack in perspective, IMO.
Using PR to distract from serious criminal behavior is pretty reprehensible, as is engaging in a coverup of sexual predation.
It’s a $$$$$$$$$ based decision.
Over the top? You mean that a shower with roughly 15 guests hosted by 2 old friends is “over the top”?
Frankly, I have been amazed at your ability (and desire) to put a negative spin on every tiny little detail when it comes to H&M. I can’t comprehend the vitriol.
My experience with baby showers is playing diaper pong with boxed wine in someone’s family room. So yeah, floral arranging lessons at the Mark Hotel is a bit over-the-top.
Not that I begrudge people on how they spend their money. But was it really necessary to respond to an ancient comment?
I just read it. Actually, I just read through the thread, and my comment was inspired by the entirety of what I read. With mounting frustration.
My experience of baby showers is limited to two: one given for me and one hosted by me. Both were several steps up from boxed wine in the family room in terms of refreshments, and many steps below flower arranging lessons at the Mark Hotel. (Which actually sounds like fun to me.) But then, none of us was Serena Williams.
Around here, many of the famous people (wife of a Bronco, politicians, for example) often do a baby shower but use it as a chance to collect baby items for women’s shelters, a home for pregnant teens, etc. They don’t need $1000 cribs or boxes of diapers. If they have an actual ‘show up’ event, it is usually a luncheon with no gifts.
Meghan seems to want an American traditional event but also at the level for a Princess event. Do Royal Princesses have baby showers?
Baby showers are an American phenomenon that is just now getting more acceptance in the UK.
So, did Kate have baby showers? No
So far, it looks like a smart plan to shed responsibilities and restrictions of British monarchy without loosing the privileges needed to build a billion dollar Hollywood empire. No way to know anybody’s real intentions so it’s basically observation based speculation.
TV is advertising for a show about all this. I get the impression it favors the Megan camp. Have others more knowledge?