blue in grades...

<p><em>i have the exact same post posted on Jhu, cornell, and UC berkeley forum</em></p>

<p>i'm currently a junior. i'm seriously blue about my grades since it's been on a bad trend.
*note: our school runs on a block schedule system. </p>

<p>freshmen yr.
alg.II- 91
biology Honors- 98
english- 100
political sci- 94
health- 93
symphony orchestra- 100
french II- 85</p>

<p>sophomore (the teachers hated me... lol... a valid excuse?)
precalculus honors- 81
chemistry honors- 82
british literature honors- 83
french III honors-92
ap. world history- 93
orchestra- 100</p>

<p>junior- (going up hill)
englishl honors- 95
ap calculus ab- 95
ap calculus bc- 91
ap biology- 97
ap ushistory- 94
french IV honors- 96
french V honors- 98
orchestra- 100</p>

<p>senior (classes with appx. grades since i'm going to study hard!)
Adv. discrete math (highest possible math in GA)- 90
AP Govt- 95
AP Econ- 97
AP English- 86
AP Comp. science- ? 90ish?</p>

<p>i'm a korean living in georgia. i've gotten numerous awards in forensic debate. (including quarterfinalist in nationals), viola (2nd place in national festival), ranked top 50 nationally in fencing, state champions in lacrosse this yr, 280 hrs of community service so far.
captain in:varsity academic bowl,varsity debate team, varsity lacrosse
president in: asian culture club
SAT i just took: 710- vocab 780- math 680- writing</p>

<p>would i be good enough to apply for g-town?</p>

<p>Are you a Korean or Korean American? (That is, do you have citizenship/permanent residency?) That will determine a lot.</p>

<p>Your SAT scores seem to be in fair shape, except maybe the writing part of it. I had a 700 V, 680 M, 780 WR, was deferred EA but got into SFS ultimately. (Got my sweatshirt today!) </p>

<p>I'd say apply. Your scores are good, but your ECs are a bit lacking. What college are you applying to? (Apparently, this question has confused a few people before. What college INSIDE Georgetown are you applying to?)</p>

<p>Oh, and I'm a US-born Korean, if that helps.</p>

<p>^^^ Thanks for your feedback! ^_^</p>

<p>i'm going to retake my SATs this fall. I am a korean born in korea.
Yes I do have a citizenship. What will having/not having a citizenship determine? I'm also interested in going for Walsh school for foreign service.</p>

<p>Well, if you're not a citizen/permanent resident, you apply as an international, and lord knows that's a headache.</p>

<p>Walsh SFS? Great! I applied, thinking I had no chance of getting in. If you go back to some of my previous threads, I go in despair-mode the time EA deferral comes around, but it proves in the end, all things are possible. ;).</p>

<p>I'll be going to SFS this fall. :).. Hope to see you at the Hilltop!</p>

<p>Georgetown's not as easy as you think it is. Face it... you're grades tumbled, you don't have that many outstanding ECs, and you're scores aren't as hot as you think they are. consider places like baylor, ithaca, st.edwards, or georgia state. GA people have no chances.</p>

<p>Excuse me, but you seem more like a troll, if anything.</p>

<p>First off, you target his specific post on the other forums.</p>

<p>Let him have some hope in applying. People thought I had no chance in reversing my EA deferral, but that proved wrong, eh?</p>

<p>I also had a few Cs on my transcript. Didn't stop me.</p>

<p>Ignore him. Go ahead, apply.</p>