Hey, I’m an 8th grader in South Korea who is looking forwards to going to boarding school in grade 9 (2022~2023).
Here are my stats:
- No SSAT, SAT, Toefl scores
- Grades from G7: All A, A+
- Athletics: Varsity Swimming, Tennis, Cross country, Soccer
- Music/Art: None
- Awards: IYNN Writing Challenge Gold, Immerse Education 20% scholarship, John Locke participant
- Clubs: School Newspaper Editorial (working towards student council and service council)
The eight schools I am submitting applications to are: Lawrenceville, Hotchkiss, Deerfield, Phillips Andover, Phillips Exeter, Cate School, The Hill School, and St. Paul’s.
I’m afraid that having no information on test scores and not having any legacy would put me at a disadvantage when entering top schools. I was wondering if there are certain things that I could do to improve my application. Should I prioritize maintaining a high GPA, study for the TOEFL, or participate in more clubs?