Bono

<p>Was very concerned to hear about his recent injury, and also disappointed in the tour being postponed, since I have July tickets. But mostly, concerned--back injuries are very scary.:( </p>

<p>I did get a chuckle out of this headline from the Washington Post, though:</p>

<p>"Bono back injury forces U2 to postpone tour; Perfectly healthy Christina Aguilera also postpones tour."</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Ha - that sounds more like the Onion than the WaPo, garland. </p>

<p>I agree, back injuries are scary. Turning fifty this month was tough enough; the guy shouldn't have to cope with something like this, too. Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.</p>

<p>Harriet--I thought of the Onion, too!</p>

<p>I went to the Post's website to confirm it is in fact an actual headline. Definitely thought it was the Onion!</p>

<p>I heard about his surgery on Friday when it happened and knew they were postponing the opening date in SLC. I kept asking myself, what makes them think he can skip SLC, but do the rest of the tour as scheduled. I knew it was a matter of time before the whole thing was canceled (well, the news around here is that it's postponed until 2011).</p>

<p>I've yet to read what the injury was, or what exactly he was doing in rehearsal that caused it. And I've checked some pretty sketchy sources... no leaks.</p>

<p>hhm
the places I usually get my info claim that he got it from talking too much.</p>

<p>He just turned 50- it's possible he did something to it just by trying to get in shape for the tour. Lifting his own amp?</p>

<p>We're guessing it was while he swings on the microphone back and forth across the stage during Ultraviolet, but who knows....</p>

<p>Jeez, EK--way to kick a guy when he's down. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>I do feel badly for Bono and imagine he's in quite a bit of pain, given the details that have been made public about the surgery.</p>

<p>However, my 2 sons and I are pretty bummed about the postponement until 2011. We missed the San Jose stop a couple of years ago (and regretted it ever since) so I bought tickets to the Oakland show the minute they were available online. S2 has almost every U2 CD available stacked into his car CD player and plays them 24/7. He and I are huge fans. If the rescheduled dates are during a time that the boys are in college, I don't know what we'll do. </p>

<p>Signed,
not a happy camper :(</p>

<p>I wasn't actually making a joke- I am used to musicians who have to carry their own equipment- & if i had thought about it- I would realize it has been a long time since he had to carry his own equipment.</p>

<p>I thought he was in pretty good shape though.</p>

<p>I meant your first speculation, not your second.</p>

<p>He looks to be in pretty good shape in concert, but there's a lot of literally swinging from the rafters towards the end, which could well have caused an accident.</p>

<p>We were watching a clip on TV of U2 performing on the roof of the BBC, and I really thought Bono was going to fall off.</p>

<p>Reading about the injury it was really scary. I'm glad he's on the mend but am disappointed in the postponements. I was planning on going to the Anaheim shows.</p>

<p>If there is a silver lining it looks like they will need to do some writing so new U2 music should be released sooner than anticipated.</p>