Book Survey

<p>Favorite: The Count of Monte Cristo
Last: Hamlet
Funniest: I am America (and so can you!)
Current book: The Mayor of Casterbridge
Looking forward to: A People's History of the United States
Least Favorite: The Yearling
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Same as my favorite I guess.</p>

<p>Favorite: i don't think i can choose. i love far too many books
Last: 1984
Funniest: Sh¡t My Dad Says
Current book: The White Queen
Looking forward to: Macbeth
Least Favorite: The Picture of Dorian Gray
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Republic [Plato]</p>

<p>Favorite: Gone by Michael Grant
Last: Do Hard Things
Funniest: Can' really remember this
Current book: Chained Eagle
Looking forward to: Plague
Least Favorite: Evil Genius
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Why would I brag about reading?</p>

<p>Favorite: most things Chuck Palahniuk writes, The Good Earth
Last: The Poisonwood Bible (forever ago, but I read multiple books at once sometimes so it takes longer to finish any)
Funniest: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (the back cover and prologue more so than the story)
Current book: Jane Eyre (again for school), The Road
Looking forward to: The Bible as Literature (for school), Catch-22 (hopefully I'll finish it this time), The Inferno, and a lot more
Least Favorite: Most chick-lit, teen, or romance (even classics)...there are several, so I can't name them all
Favorite to brag about reading: None, really</p>

<p>Survey needs more questions.</p>

<p>Favorite: The Picture of Dorian Gray (gripping; good style; very Oscar Wilde indeed :D )

[quote]

Least Favorite: The Picture of Dorian Gray

[/quote]
== goshhh
Last: The Great Gatsby (Yeah I know it's shameful to detain reading the book till now...)
Funniest: M</p>

<p>Favorite: The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
Last: The Cider House Rules by John Irving
Funniest: Romeo & Juliet
Current book: A Confederacy of Dunces
Looking forward to: The House of the Spirits
Least Favorite: I can't recall.
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Do people do that?</p>

<p>Feel free to add any questions I didn't post!</p>

<p>Favorite: The Bell Jar
Last: Brave New World
Funniest: Titus Andronicus
Current book: Madame Bovary
Looking forward to: Hamlet
Least Favorite: Romeo & Juliet
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Tropic of Cancer, I guess? It's my favorite to talk about, anyway.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Do people do that?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>People do. I am basically asking what book you are especially proud to have read. There are some books that people do not want to read and feel only motivated by the fact that they can say that they have. This is not the case with some people (including me), but a lot of people do feel this. That is why I made this a question.</p>

<p>There is only one of importance. It would be:</p>

<p>Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss</p>

<p>And if anyone wants to they can come over and read it to me before bedtime.</p>

<p>When I was in fifth grade, we had Robinson Crusoe in our library that NO ONE could finish. Finally one kid read up to page 200 and was bragging about it all the time. Too bad he was a fat farting farter.</p>

<p>Favorite: White Fang
Last: Paper Towns
Funniest: ???
Current book: In Cold Blood
Looking forward to: ???
Least Favorite: The Usual Rules
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair, and I HATED IT</p>

<p>Favorite: Great Expectations, A Separate Peace
Last: Grapes of Wrath (Very Good)
Funniest: I love you beth cooper (the movie was pathetic)
Current book: The Awakening (It's ok.)
Looking forward to: The Scarlet Letter
Least Favorite: A lot
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): See favorites</p>

<p>Favorite: 1984
Last: Madame Bovary
Funniest: no idea
Current book: The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking forward to: IDK?
Least Favorite: Woman Warrior [ ugh don't even get me started ]
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous):
* That he is mad, 'tis true; 'tis true 'tis pity;
And pity 'tis 'tis true: a foolish figure;
But farewell it, for I will use no art.</p>

<p>Favorite: The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
Last: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling (In a brief but wonderful interlude from assigned summer reading)
Funniest: Ummm ... Calvin and Hobbes Sunday comic strip collections? Does that count?
Current book: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
Looking forward to: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Least Favorite: I Was a Rat by Philip Pullman (I attempted to read it in 4th grade. Ugh.)
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): I don't really know...</p>

<p>Favorite: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Last: Anthem by Ayn Rand
Funniest: hmm... I don't een know!
Current: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Looking forward to: Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut
Least Favorite: This Side of Paradise by Fitzgerald
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Anna Karenina by Tolstoy</p>

<p>Favorite: Tough. Split between The Lord of the Rings and some of C S Lewis's theological stuff... Not counting the Bible, of course. Oh, and Sherlock Holmes.
Last: Windows 7 for Dummies, actually :P. Last <em>real</em> book? War Games, a book about the simulations they use to make strategy decisions (and why it's scary that they do).
Funniest: Hmm... Can't answer that one... Do Calvin and Hobbes treasuries count?
Current book: El Hobbit (reading it en espa</p>

<p>Favorite: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Last: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Funniest: Hmmm, I remember finding Paper Towns pretty funny.
Current book: The Book Thief (again -_-)
Looking forward to: Hmmm, I don't know.
Least Favorite: Some really crappy book I read last year. I can't remember the title. Lol.
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Don't really have one...</p>

<p>Favorite: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (not that that's a fair question...too many)
Last: Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Funniest: Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
Current book: The Samarai's Garden (not very good, for school)
Looking forward to: Catch-22
Least Favorite: The Tale of Genji
Favorite to brag about reading (most proud of sounds less pompous): Once I finish reading the Bible cover to cover, it will be that (I'm an atheist).</p>

<p>Favorite: Paradise Lost, The Sound and the Fury, or Within a Budding Grove
Last: the latter :b
Funniest: Dead Souls >_>
Current book: Guermantes' Way once it comes in the mail >:O
Looking forward to: I really want to read Ben Jonson's The Alchemist (leafy :b) and Gerusalemme Liberata
Least Favorite: Cold Mountain; Bless Me, Ultima; and any book by John Steinbeck
Favorite to brag about... : War and Peace or maybe Paradise Lost (I need to read Ulysses so I can brag even more epically)</p>

<p>^ lol Arthur Waley (who did the first English translation of The Tale of Genji) is actually one of my favorite translators :O his versions of the Analects and poems by Tu Fu and Li Po were excellent</p>