<p>[Boy</a> Genius Finishes College at 10, Stuck in Crappy Job at 11](<a href=“http://www.usedwigs.com/boy-genius-finishes-college-at-10-stuck-in-crappy-job-at-11/]Boy ”>Boy Genius Finishes College at 10, Stuck in Crappy Job at 11 )</p>
<p>
Mozart wrote his first concerto at age five. Tiger Woods learned to play golf at three. And now Madison, New Jersey’s own child prodigy Jason Park is stuck in a crappy job at age 11.</p>
<p>Under the home-school guidance of his mother, Park finished high school at the age of six. He then breezed through college by the time he was eight and capped off his accelerated education by receiving his MBA from Villanova University at the tender age of 10. Now the precocious young man is a first-year consultant with a financial consulting firm making 58K a year, working 70-hour weeks and hating every minute of it.
</p>
<p>Should gifted children be allowed to work on their own by 11? Discuss.</p>
marnik
November 13, 2007, 8:02pm
2
<p>Never, no discussion needed.</p>
<p>Wow is all I have to say… may be back later with more… WOW</p>
<p>Is he American? Because there are child labor laws… if you’re eleven, that’s just the academic version of a sweat shop. Unless he needs that 58K for his family to survive, utter madness.</p>
<p>
“I was always good at math, so my parents told me to study finance like John Kenneth Galbraith. Great! So here I am, a working stiff paying busting my ass in low-level financial advisory hell, counseling old biddies about whether to buy 10 shares of this mutual fund or that, one all in a futile attempt to make partner by 15.”
</p>
<p>Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! This is a hoax! Very funny!</p>
The_Mom
November 13, 2007, 8:15pm
8
<p>Seriously, a hoax. Read the “story”.
Working at 11, yeah, right…</p>
<p>Whether the story is real or not is up to interpretation :), but the guy actually exists:</p>
<p>[LinkedIn:</a> Jason Park](<a href=“http://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/pub/3/a64/301]LinkedIn: ”>http://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/pub/3/a64/301 )</p>
WashDad
November 13, 2007, 8:28pm
10
<p>It was satire. Check out the home page of the Website: [url=<a href=“http://www.usedwigs.com/]UsedWigs[/url ”>http://www.usedwigs.com/ ]UsedWigs[/url</a>]. I thought it was reasonably funny.</p>
<p>It’s not even funny if it’s a joke. It’s just sad as a joke. If it’s true the parents should be jailed.</p>
garland
November 13, 2007, 8:36pm
12
<p>As satire, it’s pretty pithy. Funny in a making-a-point kind of way. I think there’s room for that.</p>
<p>Edit: actually, when I read the excerpt, I wondered if it were an Onion article; it has that ring to it.</p>
<p>Garland, the site is really funny. It reminded me of the Onion, too.</p>
<p>Heh, it looks like if I posted [url=<a href=“The Onion | America's Finest News Source. ”>The Onion | America's Finest News Source. ]Onion[/url</a>] links here that they would be believed.</p>
midmo
November 13, 2007, 8:56pm
15
<p>I can be gullible, but even I spotted that as a hoax. Amusing nonetheless.</p>
calmom
November 13, 2007, 9:17pm
16
<p>Tokenadult, I know from rather discouraging experience on this board that indeed, links to Onion articles are routinely taken seriously.</p>
<p>this is why I can’t understand why anybody really wants to graduate early from college… WHY? Good lord consider grad school, growing up sucks…</p>
<p>Halo 3 vs merril lynch lunches… gawd kids stay in school…;)</p>
Kelowna
November 13, 2007, 11:20pm
19
<p>I loved the part about drinking chocolate milk while relaxing after work…</p>
<p>The paragraph about frats - hilarious.</p>
<p>“So here I am, a working stiff paying busting my ass in low-level financial advisory hell, counseling old biddies about whether to buy 10 shares of this mutual fund or that, one all in a futile attempt to make partner by 15”</p>
<p>Well, this one is believable. Have you seen how the stock market behaved lately? Definitely driven by a bunch of 11-yr olds! ;)</p>