Boys and Girls Club of America

<p>Can anyone tell me about the Boys and Girls Club of America? Who they are, what they do? Are their programs open to all students, rich and not-so-rich? Or just the not-so-rich? Appreciate information you may have.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it varies by community, but in my area they work primarily with the not-so-rich. They mainly have before and after school programs. Ours has a large volunteer base in the community.</p>

<p>My kids used to go to their summer camp, but they changed their policy, giving priority to the town’s public school kids. So my girls, who go to Catholic school, were only allowed to register after all the public school kids, basically shutting them out from the program. So they now go to a YMCA camp.</p>

<p>I used to give money to the Boy’s and Girl’s club every year, but they will never see another dime of my money. They were very rude to me when I tried to talk to them about how their policy was unfair, basically saying I was rich if my girls went to Catholic school, and the program was for families that really needed it. If that were true, they would be screening for family income.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ours does screen though families that are above the income requirements can still participate for a fee.</p>

<p>The problem is ours has a county mandated limit so those better off families do get left in the cold.</p>