Brad Pitt is not my dad and my name is not Abraham Lincoln VII, but

<p>Yeah, so let’s say my name IS Robert E. Lee and that’s my dad’s name too and his dad and his dad and so on to the big man himself. All the REL’s before me have done cool stuff and when you google my dad he has too and obviously has the ability to full pay. (People are always saying be careful what you put on your facebook and stuff, meaning the college admissions people DO google, right?) Is that a hook at all? I mean I’m not a total looser, but a B+ student in tough classes with decent tests scores.</p>

<p>But your name is Achoo Gezundheit, not Robert Lee. <em>confused</em></p>

<p>Are you an illegitimate descendant of Robert E. Lee?</p>

<p>nice…</p>

<p>That’s awesome. Maybe you can get into Washington and Lee more easily than other people. :P</p>

<p>Being able to be full pay is a big plus at most colleges in these tough financial times.</p>

<p>Going up to the admissions office and dropping off a fat envelop of money in your dark suit, big cigar, and silver sunglasses Class-A dress-up is not really a hook. But it does help you get in!</p>

<p>I think development admit is a hook. Just a very, very rare one.</p>

<p>Thanks mom. But no more a hook than any other full pay?</p>

<p>melin720 I’m pretty sure my dad wouldn’t put on a suit or chew a cigar for anyone LOL.</p>

<p>Millancad-Wait. What?</p>

<p>Sorry, Achoo, that was a reply to the melin who posted in front of me. Should have put a little ^ to indicate. I was just saying that depending on the number of zeroes on said check, one’s child might be a development admit. Like “You donated $15 mill, we’ll accept your well-qualified daughter who may have otherwise been rejected because we’re selective.”</p>

<p>Full pay would be a plus though, not a hook, Achoo.</p>

<p>If a school admits you, does your famous name elevate the quality of campus life for other students? If not, then it’s not “hookish.”</p>

<p>If your famous name elevates the campus endowment by $15 mill, then yes, that’s a hook.</p>

<p>gadad, is it elevating the quality of life if I want to study history and I have (and therefore the history department has ) access to my ancestor’s historically significant diaries and I have relayed my interest in studying them to the schools via essay?</p>

<p>The college probably would be impressed if you’ve already done some impressive research with your ancestor’s diaries. It’s not that hard for aspiring young history buffs – particularly those with access to such helpful relatives and interesting material – to get the research published. If you haven’t done anything thus far with your ancestor’s diaries, I doubt that the colleges will be that impressed with what you dream of doing.</p>