Hey there! Was recently accepted at Brandeis (yay!) for a double major in Neuroscience/International Relations (going to be doing pre-med) but just wanted to ask a few questions about the university. Already committed but just wanted more info.!
- What are the research opportunities at Brandeis like? How accessible are they? Is it possible for second-semester Freshman to work in a Lab or some sort or even the summer after Freshman year?
- Do a lot of people use the cross-register consortium to take classes off-campus?
- Since I'm pre-med, I'm really curious as to whether Brandeis classes are, on average, difficult or difficult but not impossible? Lots of grade-deflation or grade inflation or just about right?
- Are there other special programs to Brandeis that are unique to it?
- Does Brandeis have advisors who like help you get internships/volunteering/job experiences? I understand that I'll have to seek this myself but does Brandeis help with this in any way?
- How is the Brandeis pre-med program?
- Is it better to work on-campus or off-campus? Do a lot of kids work off-campus or on-campus? Would love to work in any way I can to defray the cost.
- Do a lot of people live off-campus in later years? Is it better to live on-campus or off-campus?
Sorry for the many questions in advance!