<p>I’m a Civil Engineer and first quarter I joined a fraternity. I’m kind of looking to build my resume now as an engineer and hopefully as a future MBA student. What clubs/organizations/summer stuff should I look into?</p>
<p>get an internship over the summer. you can find some at: <a href=“https://secure.career.ucla.edu/BruinViewLogin/Login.aspx[/url]”>https://secure.career.ucla.edu/BruinViewLogin/Login.aspx</a></p>
<p>For career oriented stuff, join engineering professional organizations like the ASCE, ACT, Tau Beta Pi (if you qualify) and take up leadership positions. If you’re interested in business related orgs, try Bruin Consulting (I did 2 years there) or many of the other possibilities.</p>
<p>What is your objective for the MBA? Engineering management or business management? Agreed with Deuces on Bruin Consulting. Although I never joined, I know it is a good opportunity for those interested in consulting (even with engineering background).</p>
<p>Like BH said, it’ll depend on what you want to do in the future. The thing about student orgs in the university setting is that you get to basically run your own “company”/organization and the skills you learn, challenges you overcome on dealing with other leadership members, planning events etc. will go a long way to giving you stories to tell come interview time.</p>