Cal Grant for transfer students

<p>My friend and I are both incoming transfer students. My friend told me she was confused about her cal grant situation (her PAN says she's getting cal grant A, but the award acceptance says B), so she called the cal grant commission directly. They told her that since she's enrolling in a UC, she should be receiving a cal grant A instead of B now. They also told her to log on to and change the info on her school of attendance from the community college she was attending to UCSD. She did that, and now she's telling me to do the same.</p>

<p>Does anyone know anything about this cal grant situation? Do we really have to change our school info ourselves? I thought they would already know that we're switching schools since we listed our new school on our fafsa's.</p>

<p>For me, I had to update my cal grant to UCSD. On the other hand, my girlfriend's was automatically updated so maybe its just some people.</p>