Cal. Poly. Pomona vs CSULB for Business

<p>My son is a high school senior. He was recently admitted to both Cal. Poly. Pomona and CSULB in their Business Administration programs, with an interest in Management Information Systems. Any thoughts on which is the better program?</p>

<p>There's a poster named "drj" who posts about various CSU business schools, and seems to have a lot of information. He has written some very discouraging posts about the current status of CP Pomona's business school. Try a search for posts by "drj".</p>

<p>I would also evaluate each campus regarding the "college" experience, like checking whether one is much more a commuter college than the other.</p>

<p>CSULB is known for busines, Cal Poly is known for engineering.</p>

<p>As a rule, I tell people to avoid CSULB.</p>

<p>Long Beach is my hometown, and a lot of my friends go there. However, because it is SO CROWDED, it is very hard (near impossible) to get the classes you need in order to graduate in four years.</p>

<p>Gotta agree with the post above. Cal Poly is better known for engineering and architecture (hence its name Polytechnic) and Long Beach better known for business.</p>

<p>However, the campuses (college life) are quite different and that presents factors certainly worth considering</p>

<p>okay, kluge has called me out so here goes:</p>

<p>beach is far better in business than the pomona campus, though the highly unpopular dean finally has departed the pomona campus in shame. my money would be on going to fullerton, which is opening a brand new $90 million building this fall. another good bet would be san diego state.</p>

<p>cal poly pomona sadly has developed a very weak program in business though it is strong in engineering and architecture.</p>

<p>^A lot of my friends are fleeing Long Beach in favor of Fullerton next year. :) The locals just want nothing to do with it anymore since it's SO crowded.</p>

<p>I did a summer program at SDSU, and it was great too. Either one of those would be great I think.</p>