Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Congratulations…good to see someone getting in off an appeal

2 Likes

Congratulations. Are you willing to elaborate on the basis for your appeal for future students?

1 Like

I had quite a bit of health issues during my first semester of junior year which caused a dip in my grades for that semester. In my appeal I explained that and how my health issues have been something I have been working on and will not pose an issue if I were to attend Cal Poly. I also talked about how I used that grade dip as a motivation to push myself for the rest of that year to fulfill a leadership role in an extracurricular and to get all 5’s and 4’s on my AP tests. The last thing I talked about is how Cal Poly has been my top school for 4 years and I would very likely attend if i were admitted.
I was not expecting to hear back from them by today… on the website I believe it said appeals took around 3 weeks. No email or anything yet, I just happened to check my portal.

4 Likes

Congrats. Were you rejected or waitlisted before?

I was rejected

1 Like

Pleasant surprise, son admitted off the waitlist today for Kinesiology!

12 Likes

I believe that’s the first Cal Poly admission off the waitlist I’ve heard of. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you- we were definitely surprised, not expecting it at all! We are in-state, but not local

2 Likes

Yep. Several people on Reddit got off the waitlist as well. Hopefully more come soon!

1 Like

Delete

I wonder if those who received waitlist decisions today from SLO were majority OOS or in state?

For those who signed up for housing and orientation today, did you guys receive a confirmation email from orientation because I received one from housing but not orientation. But my status said complete after I paid.

From memory, your orientation selection is not finalized until like 6/21 ish. So that may be why you didn’t get confirmation, since confirmation will come later.

Did you get an email, or see the change in your portal? Congratulations!

Thank you! He received a nice email welcoming him to the Mustang family with ‘Congratulations!’ in the subject line.

Are they giving you until May 1 to decide? Only asking because my D21 is on the waitlist and visited campus yesterday and now knows she would commit if offered a spot. We did the visit in case they didn’t allow much time to mull it over.

D accepted off waitlist for Food Science in state not local. There was a portal update followed by email a few hours later.

1 Like

Yes, he has until May 1st to decide, best wishes to your daughter!

2 Likes

Congratulations to all who have been accepted off the waitlist! Has anyone gotten off WL for Business?

I believe I saw one waitlist acceptance to business on the Reddit page