<p>As you guys can see, I was rejected. From USC and UCSB. UCB really wants me to play a sport for them, but I was already rejected. If the coach were to push for me and I was to meet with the dean, do you think i still have hope?</p>
<p>BUMP 10char</p>
<p>can someone please explain what “BUMP 10char” means.</p>
<p>hahah I just found out myself. It is short for 10 characters; the number of characters you need before you can submit a reply.</p>
<p>what is bump mean</p>
<p>What sport?</p>
<p>i dont know if its a acronym but it just means your bumping it up so it is the first thing people see. will you please answer my question?</p>
<p>O come on BUMP</p>
<p>not this this will answer your question, but i know someone who applied normally to illinois, was denied, but is going bc he was recruited for football.</p>
<p>if youre talking to the coach, wouldnt he/she be a good person to ask? in fact, shouldnt they have already told you that??</p>
<p>well, if a school really wanted you to play sports for them, you would’ve already commited because they scout jr year (thats for scholarship, if you’re a walk-on… then its a different case)</p>
<p>“BUMP” means “Bringing Up My Post.”</p>
<p>To answer your question, no, I don’t think it’ll matter. If you’ve been rejected (not even waitlisted), that’s generally final. The coach should have given the push during the admissions process, and if he didn’t or it didn’t work, there’s nothing new he can do.</p>