can any one help to translate this sentence into a simpler one

<p>The following sentence appears in a real test, but i can really understand the AS ... AS structure. can anyone help explain?</p>

<p>One can AS easily become a chemist or a neuroanatomist because of where one went to school or whose influence one happened to come under AS because of a compelling earyly response to the logic of chemistry or the beauty of the human nervous system.</p>

<p>"One can AS easily become a chemist or a neuroanatomist because of where one went to school or whose influence one happened to come under AS because of a compelling earyly response to the logic of chemistry or the beauty of the human nervous system."</p>

<p>This is a very poorly written sentence, with multiple grammar flaws, and an odd choice of words.</p>

<p>To help you understand it, I'll re-write it. The meaning in the rewrite is somewhat different from the original but the sentiment and the general sentence structure is the same.</p>

<p>"College students choose to major in chemistry as much because of their high school science education as because of their innate scientific curiosity."</p>

<p>One can AS easily become a chemist or a neuroanatomist because of where one went to school or whose influence one happened to come under AS because of a compelling earyly response to the logic of chemistry or the beauty of the human nervous system.</p>

<p>This sentence actually appears in a reading passage, not in the grammar section. I also think "as because of ... as because of" is the right structure.</p>

<p>thx</p>