Can I downplay poor grades I received as an underclassman?(MSU)

<p>Hey guys.
I won't dance around it, I really did not give it my all when I was an underclassman.
I had this stupid theory that if I wasn't pursuing a career that involved math, colleges wouldn't care if I had poor math grades. Well, I now know that I was wrong. I'm currently retaking(online) an Algebra class that I received a D+ in, but I'm running out of time and don't know if I will finish it by the time I graduate. This is the worst grade I've received, and I've never failed a class.
I'm currently a senior and I plan on attending a community college for 2 years this fall, and then (hopefully) transferring to Michigan State University.
My current GPA is 3.2 but it should rise to 3.3 by the end of the year. I received a 25 on my ACT. (math:18, science:25 english:24 reading:31)
I have had a rigorous course-load since the beginning of my junior year. I'm currently taking 3 AP classes, and doing very well in them. I'm very hard-working and I put in many hours after school working on the school newspaper and school yearbook. Academics have been my top priority for 2 years now, and my teachers have noticed that. I've received numerous awards and pins, and I've had straight A's since the beginning of my junior year, except for about 3 classes that I received B's in.</p>

<p>I also enjoy assuming a leadership role in all of my activities.
I am the percussion section-leader and I'm responsible for scheduling practices and creating our performances. I'm editor-in-chief for the school newspaper, and I've assumed a leadership/management role as a member of the yearbook staff.
Now that you have a little background information, how can I downplay those bad grades that I unfortunately received my freshman and sophomore years, and really bring my current achievements to light?</p>

<p>Thank you for reading, and I apologize for the length.</p>

<p>TL;DR Received poor grades as a freshman and sophomore. Now an exceptional student. How can I downplay those poor grades and highlight my current achievements?</p>