<p>I am currently attending the Community College of Philadelphia. I am transferring into ESU this upcoming fall semester to major in psychology. The majority of my earned grades are (Bs); however, my GPA is only at 2.7 primarily due to 3 (Cs) and a (D). The grades I earned are below.</p>
<p>(A) MUS 103
(B) SOC 101, PSY 101, CIS 103, HIST 101, ENG 101, ENG 102
(C) BIO 106, MED TERM 103
(D) MATH 118</p>
<p>I want to know if I maintain a decent GPA at ESU and graduate with 3.2 GPA or above. Also, prior to applying to graduate, law, or medical school retake all the courses I earned (Cs) or below at the Community College of Philadelphia and earn (Bs) or better would have a chance of getting accepted in a graduate, law, or a medical school.</p>
<p>Things I would like to point out:</p>
<p>The math course at the community college of Philadelphia is some sort of conspiracy set up. The professor presented the test in an incoherent fashion, and the final was taken on computers. Not to mention, none of the material we studied was on the final.</p>
<p>Also, I live with a narcissist mother, which one of the reason I ended up at a community college verses a 4 year University. She can also make concentrating and focusing an obstacle course, due to her negative energy. So going to a University and living campus would allow me to perform better academically.</p>
<p>“none of the material we studied was on the final.”</p>
<p>This would be something that you and your classmates should take up with the head of the math department and/or the dean of the college.</p>
<p>Talk with your counselor and find out if you can raise that D to a better grade if you re-take the course.</p>
<p>If you earn solid grades in your junior and senior year, no one will care what your community college grades were.</p>
<p>“none of the material we studied was on the final.”</p>
<p>This would be something that you and your classmates should take up with the head of the math department and/or the dean of the college.</p>
<p>Talk with your counselor and find out if you can raise that D to a better grade if you re-take the course. </p>
<hr>
<p>People have already complained about the math situation, and nothing has or will be done about it; they have been doing it like that for about year (1 ½) now. Theres no reason students should be forced to take a math test on a computer, its an obvious set up; doing math on a computer alone requires studying for many. Furthermore, Philadelphia targets its poor population in every aspect of life, by any means necessary. From the criminal justice system, education, politics, taxes, home value, healthcare, and etc
I know I might sound a bit obscured, and like a cry baby, but theres something about living in vanity against your own will, to finally one day waking up and smelling the coffee. Moreover, they do this in regard to math and general science courses as well, because the two subjects are extremely essential to pursing many prestige degrees, and the understanding of life itself. </p>
<p>I just plan on tranferring and after earning my bachelor degree, retake the courses I earned (C) or below before applying to graduate,law,or medical school…</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>That is completely wrong. Law school is all about gpa+lsat. ALL college courses count, no matter when they were taken or where. Law schools will not replace grades.</p>
<p>One needs a 3.6+ to be competitive for med school, and all college courses count. Unlike law schools – which do not care – med schools will look more strongly at the four year grades. But that is only at those med schools which don’t have a gpa cutoff for initial review. The D will need to be repeated. DO schools will replace grades, but allopathic med schools will only average them.</p>
<p>*If you earn solid grades in your junior and senior year, no one will care what your community college grades were. *</p>
<p>Sorry, but that is NOT true for med school admissions. All college level grades are considered for cum GPA and for science GPA…which is determined by AMCAS. And, because of how “first round” eliminations occur, someone with a lowish GPA won’t even make it thru to the point where human eyes look at the apps.</p>