Can I get into UC Berkeley/UCLA/UCSD/UC Santa Cruz/UC Irvine/UC Davis, Carnegie, NYU?

<p>I’ve been stressing out WAY too much about getting into college…especially a good colllege, like the ones listed above in my question…Can anyone please tell me or give me some true insight if I’m legible so far? I’m just having lots of trouble from worrying, since I have so many people depending on me…it’s emotionally killing me…any help would be of the greatest, thanks…and just to mention that I’ve had some family problems in the past, if that matters for anything…but thanks anyways you guys…</p>

<p>Sophomore academic weighted GPA: 3.833
Junior academic weighted GPA: 4.428
Overall high school weighted gpa: 4.15
Overall high school unweighted gpa: ~3.70
SAT score: 2000
SAT subject tests:
Math II: 670
Chem: 650
Extracurriculars/awards: Math club, science club, Future Business Leaders of America, Red Cross, Robotic Club, Speech and Debate,
French Honor Society, 200 hours at the San jose Tech Museum of Innovation, founder of IQ Tutoring (a tutoring organization that assists
students in our local area in particular subjects), STARR tutoring, (07-08, 08-09), San Jose Youth Commission Member (08-09)</p>

<p>-Have received various Leadership recogncitions and awards for academic excellence: National Society of High School Scholars (nationally recognized), National Student Leadership Conference, LeadAmerica, Congressional Student Leadership Conference, member of National Honor Society, work experience at my Dad’s company for an entire summer, earned money, and gave it to charity</p>

<p>Awards: awarded 3rd place in State Leadership Conference for Network Design (one of the events) in FBLA, and 6th place in SLC for FBLA and 9th place in the Bay Section Leadership Conference for Technology Concepts, for FBLA…also, awarded Semifinalist trophy in Speech and Debate tournament</p>

<p>Leadership: Vice President of National Technical Honor Society, Community Service Coordinator for FBLA</p>

<p>So, all in all, by the end of this year, after SAT’s etc, I hope to aim for any of the colleges listed above in my question…I’m interested in aerospace/aeronautics, hardware, or electric (just engineering in general) and minor in business etc…can anyone tell me my chances of getting in, and how good they are as of now? I know I have to keep up my GPA, so I’m working my <em>$</em>$ off right now…please, someone please give me some input…thanks you very much…also, should I retake any of my SATs? I’m planning to take ACT this September</p>

<p>P.S. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna get National Commended Status for the National Merit Scholarship Program, for the PSAT, as my score was 209, and some of my friends said I’ll get it for sure… But regardless, it’d be great if you guys could be honest in answering…i’m just so depressed…my school’s so frikin competitive…</p>

<p>bump? please someone answer…</p>

<p>Neb- Your scores are very similar to my daughter’s. She has 2020 on the SAT reasoning and 770 U.S. History, 640 Lit, 590 Math II (only took this since a few schools require 3 Subject tests). Her gpa is similar to yours and we are hoping that her ECs will make the difference for the Ivies and Stanford, but we realize these are long shots. I’d say your choices are very well within reach as long as your essays are great and you weave in your passion in some way.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks so much tokdoc! You’ve certainly raised my spirits! =D</p>

<p>anyone else wanna give input?</p>

<p>bump please? any other great input would be deeply appreciated…i know people out there can help! please? =(</p>

<p>There is no way you won’t get into one of those UC schools, probably most of them. UCLA, UCSD, and especially Berkeley will be hard, but you have great chances. They are all pretty good matches.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/738616-do-my-sat-scores-ruin-my-chances-ill-chance-back.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/738616-do-my-sat-scores-ruin-my-chances-ill-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>haha, thanks…i just hope to get into ucsd…thats what im hella aiming for… but dont know if imma gonna get in…</p>

<p>anyone else? bump?</p>

<p>you seem like a great candidate for the schools you listed, just make sure you really communciate your passion through your essays…also being nominated for leadership conferences are not too prestigious so unless you actually went to the conference, dont rely too much on those…important thing is to make ur application strong…many pple do a bunch of things n just dnt present themselves well…soo keep in mind how u word things and good luck!</p>

<p>oh okay, got you hereicome09…oh yeah, about the conferences, i did attend most of them…i think i just didn’t go to one of them…but aside from that, i’m just worrying about my exam scores…i think that’s what’s killing me…</p>

<p>I think you have a great chance at all of them. Students I know got into Cal and UCLA with very similar stats. Just make sure you have essays that will accentuate all your strengths-- because UCs aren’t huge on reading them word for word.</p>

<p>Your gpa is great, so I think you are in at all the Ucs except UCB. Your sats are ok, not very good, but they wont kill you. I think NYU will be a match or high match, and I’m not really sure about carnegie.
But you are definatly competitive at all these schools.
Also you could probably use some of the UCs, such as santa cruz and Irvine as safties.</p>