Can I go to college without a Social Security Number?

<p>I am a canadian citizen living in the US. I have tax ID but not an SSN#. Im here on some dependent visa.
Also, would I be paying a resident tuition if I go to a college in the state i have lived in for more than 5 years?</p>

<p>Generally speaking, you are considered an international candidate unless you are eligible to file the FAFSA. In some states, you may be considered in-state for tuition and fees if you have lived there for X years, studied there for Y years, graduated from high school there, or fulfill some other particular requirement. Since each state sets its own policy, you have to investigate this. </p>

<p>You also need to know what kind of visa you have. You might have to convert your current visa to an F visa in order to study here, because not all visa categories permit you to pursue college-level work.</p>

<p>Oh wow. Alright. Thank you very much :)</p>