Can I re-take some courses at community college to boost my chance?

I’ve already graduated with 1 year of experience but now I wanna go to graduate school. I just wonder if I can take one of the math class that I did bad as an undergrad at community college and include in the application? Will that boost my chance? I plan to apply for MS in Financial Engineering at NYU Tandon, and my safety will be Lehigh and Fordham. Thank you!

and also I just find out post bac. It’s basically the same as non degree seeking? Because I just want to retake one or two class to boost my grade to show it to the school. Thank you!

Maybe. It’s kind of hard to answer this question without a holistic look at your application, because it depends. If you have a 3.9 GPA and great work experience and excellent recommendations and you only tanked one elective math class that’s maybe tangentially related to financial engineering, my answer would be different than if you had a 3.3 GPA and have an overall spotty background and the class you tanked was a financial engineering course.

So to answer for yourself, think about how competitive you are otherwise as a student. If this course is important to understanding financial engineering, or if you’re otherwise borderline, then retaking the class could help. Taking it at a four-year college is preferable to taking it at a community college, but a CC could still help. Conversely, if the course is a foundational course and you can prove your facility in that by later grades (e.g., let’s say you tanked calculus II for weird reasons, but did really well in other math classes that build upon calculus II, I’d be more trusting that you actually know calculus), you may not need to retake it - and retaking may not have a big impact on your chances.

Post-baccalaureate can have two meanings, both non-degree-seeking. One is that some schools use this as a designation for non-degree students who already have a bachelor’s degree elsewhere and are just taking some supplemental classes for credit, but not for a degree. Some schools also have formal post-baccalaureate programs that are designed to prepare students for changing careers/fields or entering school in a specific field, like medicine or academic research. Those programs usually have a sequence of courses and other activities that will boost your competitiveness for programs in the field. These programs are usually non-degree programs, although they do sometimes offer a certificate at the end.