Can I send the reply form and then reject the offer?

<p>I am put into waitlist. The adcom ask me to fill in a reply form to answer whether keeping active on waitlist or not. i have a question. If I am admitted into that school afterward, can I reject the offer?</p>

<p>Yes, you may reject the offer if you are placed out of the waitlist.</p>

<p>The only exception that I am aware of to this rule is the Priority Waitlist sponsored by Carnegie Mellon University.</p>

<p>Do you mean that "priority waitlisted" candidates can not reject the offer?</p>

<p>Would my rejection affect my future application to the graduate school in this college?</p>

<p>No, turning down an acceptance off the waitlist would not hurt your graduate chances (probably with the exception of CMU or any other similar schools in which remaining on the waitlist means the candidate is expected to accept an ensuing offer). </p>

<p>Agreeing to remain on a waitlist is not making a definite commitment to attend a college if you finally get an offer. For all the college knows, you might have agreed to be on several colleges' waitlists, and their own college may not be your first choice. There's nothing wrong with doing something like that. After all, there are students who get only rejections and wait list offers. Their best chance of getting to college may be to stay on several waitlists.</p>