Can I Still Start School this fall if my fafsa is being verified?

<p>My concern is that my tuition is due on August 11th and i found out yesterday that my fafsa has been selected for verification. Since they know i am eligible for my pell grant and other grants because my efc is 0 will i have to take out a student loan to pay for tuition or will they let me start this fall and take it out of my grants when i receive them?</p>

<p>And also, how long will this verification process take?</p>

<p>bumpity bump</p>

<p>Verification can takes several weeks to a couple of months. You need to call your financial aid office and see what your options are. At my school you have to pay tuition out of pocket if you can't get verified by the time it is due. Then you get reimbursed. Your school may have different policies.</p>

<p>Call your school. Only they can answer your question. In the meantime...get the verification info to them ASAP. The sooner you get it to them the faster they will process all of it.</p>

<p>My son's school verified VERY quickly (Use a FAX machine, don't mail.) I think they had us verified in 3 days...so call them and find out. Wide range of answers : )</p>

<p>Wow, you're lucky. I got picked for verification my first year and it took them 2 months. But I have a feeling my school, a community college, waits until after the semester starts on purpose, so they aren't wasting time verifying someone who isn't even going to follow through with enrollment.</p>

<p>It took me about two weeks to get verification.</p>

<p>Unless you just simply can't...</p>

<p>Then I would bring everything pertaining to your verification to the Financial Aid Offices in person as soon as the open up for the day. This can best be accomplished by just plainly e mailing the head of the department and scheduling a proper meeting all ASAP like and such. </p>

<p>Work with them, and not against them, and since it is the summer time...they might be able to tend to everything nicely for you without a super long wait. </p>

<p>You totally need to contact them really soon, though. </p>

<p>Verification is no big deal at all. Just please remember to make copies of everything for your own personal future reference.</p>

<p>And for the future, most every school I know has their verification form online, or available if you ask for it. Every year, just line up those required docs and have them ready. Saves scrambling at the last minute.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Every year, just line up those required docs and have them ready. Saves scrambling at the last minute.

[/quote]

That is what we do. I had all the forms and documents ready this year but, for the 1st time in 3 years, my daughter was not verified.</p>