Can I trust Siscast.com?

<p>Well I started looking for what books I need for my classes, and I saw about two books that were posted on the pages of the classes I'm taking. Should I order those books online, (to save on money) or should I wait to get the official paper that says which books to buy?</p>

<p>Wait for the official paper, because sometimes the school might have its own version of the book, or they may even come bundled with required software. I remember this is what happened in Economics 1A. If you bought the book NEW at the UCD Bookstore, it was like 100 or something but it came with software that was worth 70 or 80 bux if you bought it separately. So some people who had bought used books for like 30 or 40 bux ended up actually using MORE money!</p>

<p>cool. one other question - what is the usual average time professors allow their students to gather the materials (ie. books) for class? The first week?</p>

<p>yea, usually the first week. Sometimes if it's a cultural studies class like ASA or something where you read 1 book at a time, you don't have to get them all at once.</p>