Can my senior year help?

<p>When I apply by October 30th-November 1st, Can my senior year grades help me get in provided I have the SAT, Volunteer hours, and decent ECs?</p>

<p>Here are my grades so far</p>

<p>Freshman:
AP Environmental Science-B
AP Human Geo-B
Geometry Honors-B(A first sem)
Biology I Honors-B
Spanish I Honors-A
English 1 Honors-A</p>

<p>Sophomore:
AP World History-A
AP Psychology-A
Chemistry I Honors-B
Algebra II Honors-A
English II Honors-A
Spanish 2 Reg-A</p>

<p>Junior:(Sick- Had 20 abences one semester, missed finals etc)
AP Biology- B
AP US History- D(C or B First Sem) (GRADE FORGIVENESS A)
AP English- D(C First sem) (GRADE FORGIVENESS- A)
Precalc Hon- F (GRADE FORGIVENESS- A)
Spanish 3 Honors- D (GRADE FORGIVENESS- A)
Anthro- C
Speech- C or B</p>

<p>A A A A C B B
GPA UW: 3.4, W:4.5</p>

<p>Senior Year Schedule(Predicted grades)</p>

<p>AP Calc-A or B
AP Chemistry-A
AP English Lit-A
AP US GOV-A
AP MACRO-A
AP Stats-A
AP Computer Science-A
Spanish 4-A</p>

<p>GPA: UW: 3.8 or 4.0 W:5.7-5.9</p>

<p>It can help or hurt you. They won't look at them when you apply because you will not be finished with the class yet. They will look at the classes you're taking and past grades. That's why junior year is you're most crucial year. However, if they admit you and you get bad grades you're senior year they will see that and will drop you.</p>

<p>It won't matter. The admissions officer told us at the tour/info session that senior GRADES don't matter (unless of course you start failing courses, they're likely to rescind your acceptance), but what DOES matter (quite importantly) is your senior year schedule. I had a question I asked personally and the assistant chief of admissions said they look for 3 AP's and 4 core classes on your senior schedule.... your schedule obviously meets that requirement, but it may be overboard. Don't think that taking 7 AP's alone is going to make or break you.</p>

<p>I understand ^, But I can explain on the app that I am making A's in the classes, and they can still see the grades when I send them the quarter grades and the midterm year report. They say it won't count for admission, but this will supplement my reason for my junior year being an anomaly out of all the years, and they will see that It was due to my sickness/absences and that I am very potential for making excellent grades.</p>

<p>
[quote]
they can still see the grades when I send them the quarter grades and the midterm year report.

[/quote]
Doesn't mean they'll look at them or care. A lot of colleges take whatever you send them outside of what's asked for and put it in a file, never to be read. Again, using UF as an example, they don't ask for teacher recommendations and if you send them, not a single person will read them. </p>

<p>Also, you seem to be so certain that you'll be getting the grades you predicted. Going from an average of two AP's a year to seven is crazy. Seven in and of itself is pretty insane. I also don't see how you can predict going from a B in chem honors to an A in AP chem with a year without chemistry in-between; also puzzling is your prediction of going from an F in pre-calc to an A or B in AP Calc or a D in Lang to an A in Lit. Furthermore, what's to say you won't get sick again?</p>

<p>I'm not doubting or cutting down your abilities; if you CAN manage to accomplish this, more power to you for sure, but I suggest you stop and think for a minute and get realistic. Forget about trying to impress colleges and see if you still really want to do this. It's not worth risking straight C's to take 7 AP classes in an attempt to impress colleges when it really wouldn't matter anyways. </p>

<p>Also, if your SAT or ACT is anything like your junior year, getting A's in 7 APs in one year won't be of much help anyways.</p>

<p>Depends on which college, i.e. the UC's only take into account sophomore and junior year grades. Also, your senior year helps raise your overall GPA (unless you're applying early), and taking hard courses (but not at the compromise of your grades) as a continuation of earlier effort is a good demonstration of academic focus. But check with whatever colleges you're applying to.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I'm not doubting or cutting down your abilities; if you CAN manage to accomplish this, more power to you for sure, but I suggest you stop and think for a minute and get realistic. Forget about trying to impress colleges and see if you still really want to do this. It's not worth risking straight C's to take 7 AP classes in an attempt to impress colleges when it really wouldn't matter anyways.</p>

<p>Also, if your SAT or ACT is anything like your junior year, getting A's in 7 APs in one year won't be of much help anyways.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I got 2080 on my SAT, im taking again in October 1 hoping for 2150+</p>

<p>and trust me, I know I can make straight A's this year, even with the AP courseload. I need fresh starts to do well. Im not guaranteeing straight As, but no more than 2 Bs at its worst... I can update you with my grades daily if you want. So far I have A's in all my APs because I perfected my summer assignments which count as a HUGE part of our first quarter, roughly 200 points.</p>

<p>Work hard this semester, try and get your SAT's up before applying and pick a couple of safety schools. If your set on UF even if you don't get in you can spend a year or two at a community college and then transfer to UF if you do really well.</p>

<p>Yeah well that's not happening lol(CC)-my parents will never let me go to a CC ^... It would be pretty pathetic if I don't get into UF after all the work I put in.... But I'm gonna work my butt off this semester still..</p>

<p>If I don't get in Ill probably go to FSU or UM(If I get into here) very disappointedly... I have a sis in 7 year med program at UM.. and another sis at med school at FSU lol..</p>

<p>Anyway I decided to just start working and stop talking on forums.. So i'll be away from the colleges subforum until February 10(Results day)... wish me the best of luck...and good luck to all other prospective students.</p>