Can you get financial aid on top of the Presidential Scholarship at UA?

Im a junior right now and have taken the ACT. I got a 32 which qualifies me for the presidential scholarship;however, my parents only make around 40k a year and I have a sister one year younger than me that will be attending college, so I doubt i would be able to afford all the other costs(room, board, etc) so I was wondering if UA helps you out on that?

Sorry I’m still a noobie to the college game. Thanks guys

Run the NPC on UA’s website. It sounds like you’ll qualify for a Pell Grant.

What is your resident state? Is your GPA excellent too?

Read up on the Questbridge National College Match program and apply next August.

In addition to a portion of the Pell Grant, you will be able to take $5500 in Direct Loans for your freshman year.

What is your projected major?

If you are a HS junior, prep for and take the PSAT in October. There should be some practice tests on the Collegeboard website.

If you would become NMF, you would get up to 10 semester of full tuition, one year of housing, $3500 stipend for four years at UA, as far as I know.

Engineering and CS majors at UA also get an additional $2500 I believe.

Your sister should also do some serious ACT, SAT, PSAT prep for best merit chances, since your parents might not be able to contribute much to college.

@Madison85 I live in IL. Through junior year i have a 3.99 UW and around a 4.3 W.

If I apply through questbridge but don’t get matched can questbridge still help me? I know that the acceptance rates are really low, and also another thing that’s driving me away is that nobody in my area has applied with questbridge so my counselors wouldn’t be much help as they haven’t experienced it before.

@thumper1 I haven’t really decided my major yet but I really enjoy math and science: I have multiple awards at the state level for math. Right now I have it narrowed down to business(investment banking), chemistry(not sure what a physical therapist would need to major in but yea), or math major.

@mommdc I am super borderline for the PSAT I took the one that was released and scored a 216(I didnt score as well as I should have but I think on test day I can go up) on it and my state’s cuttoff was a 219 this year.

Well, then I’d say you have a good chance to increase that PSAT score!

If you are a junior RIGHT NOW…how can you have a GPA “through junior year”? You would,only have a GPA through sophomore year.

Please clarify.

I hope @Gumbymom doesn’t mind me borrowing this very helpful info about physical therapy that she posted elsewhere!

Keep in mind also that physical therapy requires a DPT (doctorate in physical therapy).

@thumper1 sorry not through junior year I just started junior year and thanks for the guide!!