Can you help me out?

<p>I'm a white male, both parents born in Iran.
I learned Farsi before English, but now my English is stronger.
I attend Phillips Academy, Andover as a new 10th grader. My previous school was Lynnfield High, where I was ranked 1 of ~130 with a GPA of 4.518.</p>

<p>My courses right now and my grades (on a 6-point scale):</p>

<p>........................................Fall......Winter...Spring (What I currently have)
Honors AP BC Calculus............6...........5..........6
AP Chemistry.........................5..........5..........6
Second Year French...............5...........6..........6
English.................................6...........5.......(no grades yet)
(The Required Course
for 10th graders)
History.................................4...........-..........-
( A one term requirement
for 10th graders)
Human Nature.......................-.............4.........-
(Same as History)
P/E (Requirement)..................-............-..........P
Computer Programing
(1 term in Java).....................-............-...........6</p>

<p>My advisor told me after fall term that there were seven 10th graders (out of about 280) with a 6.0, unweighted (I had 5.5 unweighted).</p>

<p>Taking AP and SAT II's in both Math and Chemistry this year.</p>

<p>Next year I'm taking a six-course load with two AP's. I'm pretty much taking the toughest courses I can. My schedule next year looks like this:</p>

<p>Linear Algebra and Mutlivariable Calculus
AP Physics (W/ spring elective for Quatum Mechanics and Relativity)
Third Year French
English (The one for 11th graders)
AP Computer Programing
Molecular Biology Laboratory Research (Fall)
Molecular Biology Independent Research (Winter)</p>

<p>E.C.'s</p>

<p>Cross Country/Indoor Track/Outdoor Track (Not that good though)
Math Club (Got 106.5 and 113.5 on AMC 10, did well on other tests, too)
Chess Club
Ping Pong Club
Andover Astronomical Society (VERY small club)
Debate Team (Not a regular member though)</p>

<p>I like to program. I'm very good at QBasic, learning C++ outside school.</p>

<p>I'm currently working on a website for a small business
Preliminary Site at <a href="http://www.gis.net/%7Earash/Edge/%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.gis.net/~arash/Edge/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I'm hoping to enroll in the NASASHARP program next summer.
<a href="http://www.nasasharp.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.nasasharp.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I've haven't taken any real SAT's, but I did take a practice one on my computer a while back and got 790 math and ~630 verbal (I know I need to work on this).</p>

<p>MIT is my dream college. I've wanted to get in since 3rd grade.</p>

<p>So what are my chances and what can I do know to improve them?</p>

<p>Thanks A LOT!</p>

<p>I don't know much, but my stats look almost exactly the same. i even got a 113.5 on the amc12!</p>

<p>asiaknight, what colleges r u looking at?</p>

<p>I was considering MIT, Stan., UofChicago, Duke, UofIllinois@champaign, and Princeton (a very, very long shot). And I got 680CR, 760W, 800M on my SATs.</p>

<p>but then again, i'm oriental, so your chances will probably be better.</p>

<p>Didn't You Know It Is Offensive To Call A Person Oriental?!?!</p>

<p><em>i Am Appalled</em></p>

<p>Oriental Is Used To Describe Objects, Not People!</p>

<p>ummm.... I thought Oriental means Asian.</p>

<p>I thought oriental was just objects "OOO what a pretty oriental rug" not "OOOO what a pretty oriental girl"</p>

<p>lol celebrian u crack me up... </p>

<p>SOPHOMORE... ANOTHER ONE... ASKING CHANCES... advice: relax, come back in a year</p>

<p>you people are killing me. i didn't even start thinking about college until the beginning of my senior year. and i didn't start applying until two weeks before stanford's application deadline.</p>

<p>and i didn't care about my chances, i just applied to lots of places anyway.</p>

<p>I'm sorry. Central east Asian is more p.c. I didn't mean to offend...myself?</p>

<p>Who knew it! You can offend yourself!</p>

<p>Yes, chill out. Really, right now it all seems like we're freaking out on you, but we can't tell now. We can't really even guess, because things will change, for better or for worse. Who knows where you'll be in a year? Even the very wisest cannot tell</p>

<p>yeah, i was just kidding about that whole offensive thing. i didn't even know that myself until i got here and had a "central east asian" roommate from a very place very into that pc stuff. she doesn't call it a "blackboard" even if the board really is black, and not green.</p>

<p>minus the first 'very'</p>

<p>The word "oriental" just means "eastern," and it is a useful term when used, as I have seen it used, by a south Asian person to describe an east Asian person. I have seen the assertion that "oriental" is an offensive term, and indeed I prefer the term "east Asian" both for greater specificity and reduced likelihood of giving offense, but people who take offense at the term "oriental" as applied to persons from east Asia really need to get a life and not be so thin-skinned. </p>

<p>Um, by the way, my wife (and thus my children, I guess) can fairly be described as "oriental/east Asian/Asian/Chinese/Taiwanese/whatever," so I've had time to think about this issue in many contexts.</p>