cancel UCLA SIR

<p>so say I wanted to cancel my SIR to UCLA and SIR to would I go about that in the most hassle free way?
PS. I am aware I WILL loose my $100.</p>

<p>why the change of heart? i did the same thing, but opposite schools. you can SIR to berk right now, just cancel UCLA on tuesday (by email or calling admissions office).</p>

<p>that wont jeopardize my admissions? being SIRed to 2 schools for a few days?
edit: I have a feeling turning down #2 is just not a smart decision for my career. I dont know at this point.</p>

<p>:| 10char.</p>

<p>see this change of heart the last minute type thing is the exact reason why i am not SIRing till the last minute.</p>

<p>jane, you STILL haven't figured out where you want to go yet? oh no! we're going to celebrate in a couple of days when you do decide. </p>

<p>SFwarrior, i'd sleep on it, and if you do decide to cancel your SIR, call UCLA immediately, THEN SIR to cal.</p>

<p>For those of you having a last minute change of heart, or those just waiting until the last minute, how is it possible to suddenly submit/re-submit your SIR when the UC's require that your transcripts be received by June 1st in order for your admission to be valid? I'm not going to lie, I've also contemplated withdrawing from UCLA and submitting to Cal, but how would you be able to with the whole transcripts issue? Plus, Cal wants high school transcripts, which I have no idea how to get a hold of (FYI: I took the CHSPE).</p>

<p>I know UCLA is probably the better choice for me, but I can't stop thinking of how different my life would be if I just took a chance and moved 500 miles away into new territory... what an adventure! </p>

<p>Also, there's some people at my JC that I have class with that are totally worthless, dishonest students and somehow they got into UCLA and have a similar major as mine (They also got into Cal, ***, but chose UCLA). I was looking forward to getting as far away from them as possible, bah. Anyways, I keep thinking about that quote by Robert Frost that Jane posted a while back and it's eating away at me.</p>

<p>UCcasualty, do you mean if you were to SIR to Berkeley and then if you changed your mind again to re-SIR to UCLA?</p>

<p>^no no no, I understand that if you withdraw you cannot re-submit to the school you withdrew from. But I'm just wondering about the whole transcripts issue, how strict are the campuses about receiving them be June 1st? I would imagine that Cal is super strict with deadlines being met.</p>

<p>i didnt want to admit this cuz its kinda embarrassing lol.</p>

<p>but yeah i sent rush/emergency transcripts to both UCLA and Berkeley a couple (or few..dont remember)weeks ago. </p>

<p>my high school has an online system so i rushed ordered them to Berkeley. i got emergency transcripts from all my CCCs and sent them to both Universities </p>

<p><em>knowing myself i took the precautionary steps to insure deadlines would be met</em></p>

<p>i dont think the June 1st deadline is that serious, they give you until July to submit everything.
but better safe than sorry.</p>

<p>especially knowing me..its always better to be safe.</p>

<p>Trust me, that's not the case. We get massive amounts of them, especially this last week, we don't have time to check the date on everything. A couple of days past deadline is fine.</p>

<p>Oh I think you have the dates a big confused. UCLA requires transcripts wayyy earlier than Cal. Cal requires transcripts by July 15. Suppperrr late! So the only problem arises if someone cancels a Cal SIR for a UCLA SIR</p>

<p>that's why you stay with berkeley ;)</p>