Hi, when filling out the Common App, do you have to choose “Pre Medicine” as the first choice major if applying for PPSP (Medicine)? There is a second choice major as well. These are separate from the question asking if you want to apply for PPSP. Thanks!
Check out the pinned topic: What does it take to be part of CWRU’s PPSP Program?
I would contact your admissions counselor and ask. I don’t think PPSP requires you to major in pre-medicine…I think you can major in anything as long as you take all the required pre-med type courses, which are generally:
- 2 semesters of inorganic chemistry with lab
- 2 semesters of organic chemistry with lab
- 2 to 3 semesters of biology with lab
- 2 semesters of physics with lab
- 1 semester of biochemistry
- 2 semesters of English composition
- 1 to 2 semesters of calculus
- 1 semester of statistics
- 1 to 2 semesters of behavioral sciences
Thanks! Called today and admissions confirmed that.