CC Essay "Beggers" - say THANK YOU!

<p>Ok - that's it. I thought that a kind way of "giving back" to the board was to read essays on request when I had a few moments. I have now spent time reading three essays and giving feedback. </p>

<p>Out of those three essays, I received not one comment, appreciation, or thank you.<br>
I won't read any again. </p>

<p>If you request someone read your essay, and they do, have the courtesy of sending them an email thanking them. Common decency.</p>

<p>Maybe they just haven't logged back on yet.</p>

<p>Nice thought, but some were 2 months ago.</p>

<p>Gee, I've read several essays and every single one thanked me. You must have just picked some duds.</p>

<p>beggars*
Maybe they didn't say thanks because of things like that :x
Lmao nah I'm kidding man, some people are just ungrateful. But don't let it ruin your opinion of everyone, looks like you got unlucky with who you got.</p>

<p>I agree - I have found extemely helpful people on this board time after time, and only an extremely small percentage of jerks. Last October, I made a post about having to take a wheelchair to parent's weekend unexpectedly, and the kindness and specificity of the responses was overwhelming, and made my trip doable. </p>

<p>I just think that sometimes students (assume the shaking cane, old lady stance here) forget that people who read their essays take time out of 1000 other things for a perfect stranger because we care about their success. We reach out to help because many students don't have parents who are able/willing and/or because many students want the completely objective opinion of a stranger. When no gratitude is shown, it makes me and others less likely to do it. And truly, I think having a stranger read your essay is a GREAT way to see how someone who doesn't know you might see your words. </p>

<p>I didn't write this post to ***** - more like to remind people that it is REALLY important.</p>

<p>Most of mine have thanked me... Others I just remember to put on a black list and ignore them ;)</p>

<p>I actually always say thank you. I also find it quite rude when people don't do so.</p>

<p>I agree that it's really rude, especially when people spend a lot of time providing feedback. I haven't had this happen to me - everyone I've read essays for has been very polite and has thanked me.</p>

<p>I've had it all: blow-offs, nice thanks, and kids who wanted more, more, more than I'm willing to give.</p>

<p>Kind of funny - someone very nice sent me a request to read his essay right after I submitted this post. I have no doubt that he will break my bad streak.</p>

<p>sh00tf0rmoon plz red my ess4y</p>

<p>plz
plz
plz</p>

<p>plz</p>