I’m starting a new thread for a big project coming up. The owners have approved permits from Fall 2019 and I was contacted in February this year. We met several times and I explained to them that I did not think they were taking advantage of potential views for their home. The home is a boring 1950 box with a strange front door on side of the house.
House is located in Ocean Beach about halfway up the hill from the main drag, Sunset Cliffs Blvd
I got up on a ladder on their roof and showed them they had views from the North West of their house. Their original plans had a 2nd story addition for a master suite on top of the back garage (views blocked by neighbor trees) and a roof deck on back of the main house.
Then COVID hit and they postponed everything. Next thing I know I get an email in May “We have completely changed the plans and are starting over”. So, I have been working on their plans since May and we are finally submitted to the City (which is a whole other story!!! ). Since they already have approved plans we can start whenever we want. I keep telling them I am going to have to take another project if we do not get started right away. I actually have another smaller project I can start.
First they told me they were going to live in the driveway in their motorhome. No freaking way!! They will not be able to hook up to water or electrical because we have to gut everything. Not to mention trying to build 2nd story 1 ft away from the motorhome. Plus we desperately need the driveway for dumpsters, material deliveries and raising the roof trusses and roofing. It just is not feasible. Not to mention that there’s also a boat and trailer stuck in that driveway. Our current problem is they just cannot seem to pull the trigger and move out of the house. So, we are going to start digging foundations and stuff while waiting.