chance a bad test taker

<p>Asian male, out of state(Ohio)
WGPA: 3.925 UWGPA: around 3.8
major: Actuarial Science
SAT: 1120(CR+M) total:1570
ACT: 22. just took the October ACT, hoping to get at least 24</p>

<p>I'll be applying at the end of October. Can someone please chance me? thank you</p>

<p>your SAT's are a little low for UP according to the website but your GPA is good.
i think you should apply fall but check summer just in case</p>

<p>what if i get into summer session but i dont want to do summer session?</p>

<p>^Then go to another school. Also, who cares if you're a bad test-taker. Anyone can just say they are one. But trust me, no one really cares I had a lower CR+M that you, but I think I'm a really good test-taker.</p>

<p>^ lol. so what's my chance?</p>

<p>Your chances are really good. I had very similar stats and got in for the fall semester.</p>

<p>but i am OOS... i just submitted my app. and my transcript and counselor's form will be sent in the next day or two. when did you apply, and about when did you hear back from them?</p>

<p>also, will select summer session increase my change of getting accepted? or will they automatically just put me into summer session?</p>

<p>^I am OOS too. All my stuff was in around November 1. I heard back November 14. I put down Summer but was accepted for Fall engineering. I emailed them around February saying I want to go summer and it worked out.</p>

<p>Yes, selecting summer session will increase your chances of getting accepted. They will not automatically put you into summer. They will consider you for the Fall semester first. If they feel your credentials are weak, they will look into accepting you for the summer (if you selected it on the application). If they feel that you credentials still do not meet the summer requirements, they will try to get you in to one of the branch campuses you indicated. However, if your credentials do meet the summer requirements, they will put you in to summer. In summary, though, they will consider you for the Fall first, then summer, then branch depending on your credentials and their requirements.</p>

<p>By the way, go out and get drunk because I'm 100% sure you'll get into Fall.</p>

<p>^thank you so much. also, when should i apply for fin. aid? and are you in SHC? is it really hard to get in?</p>

<p>Apply for financial aid ASAP. I remember doing it on January 1st midnight when it just came out. Maybe it paid off...I don't know. It was much more than what I got from other schools but considering PSU's high OOS tuition, it was very little.</p>

<p>I'm not in SHC, and I dont' want to be. I hate to read and write, and I do neither of them well. It's probably hard to get in. I've never tried, because of the essay component. To be honest, I crossed out all the colleges originally on my list that required an essay component. (I think UMich, Syracuse, VTech, UW, and many others.)</p>

<p>Hey psp-fifa: I am in the honors college. I think it is well worth doing the application, I did not think I was going to get in with my lower test scores but I was wrong. The shc looks for students that stand out from the crowd, both in their academics and EC's. Being in the SHC has alot of perks, a few being:
-More $$ from both the SHC and your college
-Priority scheduling (even before the FB players)
-Nice housing for all 4 years if you want</p>

<p>what are the deadlines for both financial aid and SHC? and when does the fin. aid app come out?</p>

<p>^Financial aid application comes out midnight on January 1 every year. Some years may be delayed by a few hours/minutes like last year. I believe PSU's deadline is around mid-Feb for priority meaning greater chances to maximize your aid.</p>