Hey Guys! I’m currently a sophomore/junior in high school. (I’m technically a junior because I skipped my sophomore year). I was chanced for other school, but due to financial hardships, I don’t believe I will be able to attend them. I believe that these schools will give generous offers.
Desired Major: Actuarial Science
High School (Currently going in my third year!)
Current GPA: 4.0/4.0 UW
~4.5 weighted
Class Rank: Top 5%
Full IB Diploma
Classes outside of school:
Algebra 2
Health
Sophomore English
Economics
Government
Freshman:
World History
English
Biology
Chinese
PE
Pre-Calculus
Business Procedures
Sophomore/Junior:
IB Physics
IB Calculus SL
IB Psychology
IB Chinese
IB History of the Americas
IB English
IB ToK
Anticipating Senior Course Load:
Leadership
Management
IB Calculus HL
IB English HL
IB Chinese HL
IB Physics HL
IB World History HL
IB Core
SAT: 2140 (760M/720W 11E/660CR) One Sitting. Stupid June SAT. One wrong in math was a 760. DEFINITELY RETESTING FOR 800 MATH AND 700 READING. Writing is meh.
Ib scores- ib psychology: 4
SAT Subjects: Planning to take Math II and Chinese w/ Listening. Projected scores: 800 chinese. 750-800 math2
Extracurricular and Awards
3rd Place Speech and Debate
1st place AMC at my school.
Cross Country, Track, and Swimming (JV and Varsity)
FBLA: Business Math and Business Communications State Top 10.
Key Club Member
Avid Red Cross Volunteer (100+ hours) so far. I’m going to start a Red Cross Club at my school soon.
Volunteer at my local library (100+ hours)
Mentor/Tutor at my school.
Student Council President
Summer Internships with a variety of Businesses.
Essay: idk. Wrote about being gay and how it’s affected me. 8/10???
Recs: 9/10
Male
Asian
First Generation
Income: <35k
Financial Aid: Yes, definitely
What is your meaning with ‘dreamer’ are you undocumented or is that just mean these are reaches? Hopefully you will get QB finalist. But look at all the QB schools as they meet need. Search wikipedia for meets 100% needs schools.
Ok, wel those are pretty much reach for everyone schools. I don’t know how it will be for you with only one combined soph/jr year. I don’t know what classes outside of school will mean, if there is a transcript or not. So while it looks good in that do handled the Jr year well, I just don’t know and I don’t really do chances since it is pretty meaningless.
If you are going to do the QB Match, you can’t apply ED anywhere else. The QB Match is like up to 8 ED. But you can RD anywhere you like. Best of luck.
Note that if Chinese if a native or heritage language it only countsas a supplementary test and you need another one for these schools.
What so you think your predicted d IB score will be?
AsBrownParent said, QB is essentially ED times 8 but choose these carefully and include a couple LACs such as Pomona or Williams.
My predicted is not good. 36/42. Chinese is not my native language. I am testing in Mandarin, and I speak Cantonese at home; they are very different. Thus, I’m still learning it at school. @myos1634
^ you’ll have to make that very clear.
That predicted will hurt at all your goal schools - is it due to a predicted 5 somewhere offset by a 7 or are you straight 6’s?
You have 7 IB HL courses listed in your senior course load. I didn’t think that was allowed by the IBD program. I also don’t understand what your 6th IBD course is.
In general I have a hard time differentiating fact from projection in the OP.
Well. I took practice test for math 2 and chinese, and they are easily my projected scores. Math 2, most of the time, I score 800. Chinese is just really easy. It would be sad if I didnt get 800 haha. @renaissancedad