Chance a Junior for Stern Please

<p>Public school student
GPA UW: 3.5 W: 4.37 (upward trend)
Class rank is available at end of the school year...
SAT: 1430/2290
SAT 2 Math IIC: 790 (In sophomore year!)</p>

<p>Planning to major in either economics or finance</p>

<p>Classes taking this year: All Honors in Core subjects, Regular Spanish 2, AP Stats</p>

<p>For Senior year, I'm planning to take AP Psych, AP Calc BC, Honors Spanish 3, Honors English, Honors Physics, and AP Econ if I end up not taking the exam this year.</p>

<p>ECs-
Team Manager/Player of an indoor soccer team with more than 10 players (I made the team)
JV Soccer since sophomore, going to Varsity next year
Club Soccer since sophomore year (My team was a semi-finalist last year in one of the biggest tournament in the state)
Class vice-president for Freshman year in Korea
Co-president of Debating Club in Korea
Math Internship since sophomore year in school
Teacher's Assistant for Korean School in my church
Have a black belt in Hapkido (martial art)
Plays piano, guitar, drum and violin, and comfortable with computer music
Made bunch of songs with people online/offline until I moved to America</p>

<p>Internship in Merrill Lynch (although for a short period of time, I believe it's not harmful to put it, and eventually will be there again this upcoming summer)</p>

<p>Volunteer: 36 hours in Korea, 27 hours in America last summer, starting to go twice a week to a hospital.</p>

<p>Many of ECs ended in freshman year or started in sophomore year, mainly because I had to move here within a month or two. Before then, I did not know my family was moving to America. I moved here in August 2010.</p>

<p>Since I came from non-English speaking country, I was forced to take all regular class (except AG2, which was for freshmen) in my sophomore year (I was even in all ELL class for the first week of school). Luckily I skipped a year of math and went to Honors math for juniors.</p>

<p>I am a permanent resident in the US.</p>

<p>Considered one of top 5% students in Korea was planning for top 5 schools in the country (but it doesn't matter anymore, does it?)</p>

<p>So yeah.... I want to know if there's a chance for me to get into Stern. Would the chance increase if I apply for ED?</p>

<p>Good chances</p>

<p>can someone tell me if applying ed1 next year rather than rd is going to boost my possibility of getting accepted or not?</p>

<p>yeah, ED does boost chances</p>

<p>Your SAT scores dont add up 1430/2290 is impossible that would imply that you got an 860 on writing</p>