Chance a Los Angeles teen magician: Berkeley, UCLA, NYU, UMichigan, GWU

<p>Hello everyone, this is my first post and I hope to make it very informative so that you guys can accurately give your opinion. I will try to outline everything very clearly in bullet format.</p>

<p>-Public school student in Southern California</p>

<p>-3.87 weighted GPA, ~3.67 unweighted GPA</p>

<p>-Roughly 8 semesters of Honors or AP classes</p>

<p>-4 on AP Art History</p>

<p>-31 on ACT: 33 English, 31 Math, 30 Reading, 28 Science; Combined Writing score, 30</p>

<p>-Senior year is very rigorous with a a full (6 classes) academic schedule. I have always had a full academic schedule and have 6 sciences completed, math up to Calculus, 4 years of Spanish, and many extra (but academic) classes.</p>

<p>-SAT II: 690 Biology, 630 Math II, 570 US History</p>

<h2>-Selected for Augmented Review because of my talent in magic</h2>

<p>Now onto what I have done with my magic.</p>

<p>-At age 13 I auditioned and was accepted into the Magic Castle, a prestigious private club for magic enthusiasts. I became part of their Junior Program, which allows for individuals under 21 to audition into this learning program.</p>

<p>-Age 13 I coded and hosted my own website which I continually have updated both functionally and design wise almost every year.</p>

<p>-Age 15 I produced, edited, filmed, and authored my own retail magic DVD that is still available for purchase in magic stores nationwide as well as on my website.</p>

<p>-Also at age 15 I was selected to be part of the Magic Castle’s Future Stars Program, where I was a featured weekly performer. They select the top 8-10 performers out of the 80-100 member Junior Program.</p>

<p>-I have been a consultant for multiple magic companies such as [DAN</a> & DAVE // Learn Card Tricks, Street Magic, and Card Flourishes.](<a href=“http://www.dananddave.com%5DDAN”>http://www.dananddave.com) and [theory11</a> - Learn Magic Tricks, Card Tricks & Cardistry - theory11.com](<a href=“http://www.theory11.com%5Dtheory11”>http://www.theory11.com) </p>

<p>-At age 16 I was the head of the Audio Visual Department of Magic-Con, the first magic conference focused on the psychological and creative side of magic. Some guests to the event were David Blaine, producers of David Copperfield, and the Director of Photography of TV shows and films such as 300 and Lost. I am scheduled to remain at that position for future conferences, this year having over 700 registrants and hoping for international conferences in the future.</p>

<ul>
<li>I have had clients such as: California Highway Patrol, Academy of Magical Arts, The LA Lakers, etc. I was also just hired to be part of a 3D magic shoot for a technology convention held in Vegas later this year.</li>
</ul>

<hr>

<p>Now onto my other ECs</p>

<p>-For 4 years I have been a counselor at Camp Harmony, a camp based in Malibu, CA. We allow for a safe and secure environment for LA kids that are living in homeless shelters or below the poverty line. I have learned much from my time there interacting and motivating these kids despite their hardships.</p>

<p>-I have been a member of my schools chapter of Future Business Leaders of America for 4 years and was elected Vice President this year.</p>

<p>-Founder of my school’s Magic Club and has been going on for 4 years</p>

<p>-I volunteered 4 weeks last summer towards building homes in Pacoima, CA for Habitat for Humanity. I absolutely love building things so this was a great opportunity.</p>

<p>-For one year during high school, every other Saturday to my local Jewish Home for the Aging to perform and entertain its guests.</p>

<p>-I am a starting defense attorney for my school’s Mock Trial team. We are holding our trial at Ventura County Court in March.</p>

<p>-there are others I have but I feel this gives a thorough look at who I am and what I have done.</p>

<p>I put a LOT of effort into writing this and I hope to receive some in return. I would like to have an accurate assessment of my chances at: UC Berkeley, UCLA, NYU, GWU, and UMichigan. Thanks so much and I hope to hear back soon.</p>

<p>Amazing! If I were an admissions officer at any of those schools, I’d let you in if only because it would be awesome to have someone with your talents around the dorms. I’d say you have a strong chance at all, except maybe Berkeley, but I think you would probably enjoy the other schools more.</p>

<p>I think you have GREAT chances. Everything is very solid, and you definitely stand out.
My brother goes to school at Vanderbilt with a guy who got a full scholarship to Vanderbilt & Yale, and I know that he really loved magic and that was his passion.
I agree with the person above me completely!
Best Of luck to you! You deserve recognition for all your achievements!</p>

<p>chance me back if you get a chance!</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/brown-university/1074681-chance-me-brown.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/brown-university/1074681-chance-me-brown.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>oh my god what the hell… why even ask…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I’m assuming that’s why he asked.</p>

<p>UCB/UCLA - low/mid reach</p>

<p>NYU - match</p>

<p>this is only based on my chances and research though ^^; we have approx the same gpa and both our ecs are unique, but your scores are going to hurt you. i’d suggest retaking</p>