Chance a Rising Senior

<p>Applying for computer science (College of Letters and Science); out of state.</p>

<p>ACADEMIA:</p>

<p>Freshman GPA: 3.52
Sophomore GPA: 3.52
Junior GPA: 3.75 W, 3.7 UW
Overall GPA: About 3.6</p>

<p>SAT Critical Reading: 610
SAT Math: 680
SAT Writing: 680
Total: 1970</p>

<p>My School does not rank.</p>

<p>AP Courses:
Biology (This year)
Computer Science A (Next Year)
Economics (Next Year)</p>

<p>3 letters of recommendation (math teacher, club advisor, guidance counselor)</p>

<p>EXTRACURRICULAR:</p>

<p>President of Support our Soldiers Club (10,11,12)
-Interviewed WW2 Veteran, contributed to National Archive</p>

<p>Red Cross Volunteer (8,9,10,11,12)
-Office management, computer database organization, phone duty, etc.</p>

<p>Varsity Swimming (9,10,11,12)
-Not a recruit!</p>

<p>Member of School Atmosphere Committee(11,12; Club was founded this year)
-Group of students selected by faculty
-Helped create a video to send to New England Board of Accreditation to display information about our school
-Spread word about school ideals and beliefs in various ways</p>

<p>HOOKS:</p>

<p>I am of Hispanic descent.</p>

<p>I will not be applying for financial aid (?).</p>

<p>Your hook as a URM may help.</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>well i had essentially the same stats as you this past year (3.6 uw, 29 act which is pretty close to a 1970 on the sat, lots of ecs, cross country and track for four years...) and i was admitted after initially being postponed. i applied early november, found out about my postponement mid-january and got my acceptance notification online mid-march. i was worried that i'd have no chance after being postponed so i sent two letters of recommendation and a letter i wrote to my admissions counselor expressing how much it would mean to be a student at the UW. that probably helped me a lot :) i'd say you have a 60% chance of getting admitted right away, a 30% chance of getting postponed and a 10% chance of being denied....if you get postponed i'd say you have a 75% chance of getting accepted. just put a lot of effort into your essays and show how enthusiastic you are about wanting to attend</p>

<p>Thanks for the input!</p>