Chance a Texan!

<p>College: LSA and Ross preferred admission
SAT: 2000-720math, 640 reading, 640 writing (Should I submit?)
ACT: 33 ACT
unweighted GPA: 3.77
E.C.: Rowing all of high school (captain senior year) 15 hours a week/all year.
N.H.S.
Essays: Strong
Teacher Recs:Strong
Counselor Rec:Strong
White middle-class Male from Dallas.</p>

<p>id say bout 80%</p>

<p>but unless you have more ec than that then you have little chance. michigan cares about well rounded.. and although you're smart and you participate in a sport, and national honors society, so do almost all kids who apply to michigan</p>

<p>My extracurriculars are fairly weak as rowing is everyday after school for about three hours (my awards in rowing are deep however). I have been in the Invisible Children club (raises money for Ugandan children) for all of high school, Minority Diversity club junior year, and Multicultural club this year. I also have held leadership positions at our school retreats. I'll graduate with over 150 hours of community service. </p>

<p>Do you think my GPA is high enough?</p>

<p>@linseyoxo doesnt know what he/she is talking about. Your EC's are fine. I'm instate and all they care about is dedication, not the number of EC's. PLEASE tell me you didn't send your SAT, it would only hurt you and not help you. Your ACT is way above their minimum of 28 and typically they invite you to apply to honors with a 32+. Having said that, the one weak part of your app is your grades. Typically, they say that for Instate kids they prefer everyone to have above a 3.8 unweighted, this isnt a 100% stringent standard, but being that you are slightly below it and OOS, that might put you in trouble. Your rank is high though; basically if you have very hard class rigor and take pretty much the most challenging classes your school offers, I would think they will overlook it (and because of your high ACT) and i'd say your about 90% likely to be admitted. However, if your rigor isn't very strong, I'd say your chances will significantly drop to about 25%.</p>

<p>Thanks for the response. I will not sent my SAT score in.</p>

<p>Since freshman year I have taken the hardest classes I can with the exception of english(all regulars) physics (honors instead of AP). By graduation I will have taken AP: U.S. History, Macroeconomics, American Government, Psychology, European History, and Biology. Also this semester I will probably end up with B's in AP Bio and Euro: How bad does this look?</p>

<p>I have been required to take four years of theology and was wondering if Michigan would consider that an academic class. What about foreign language, computer, health, and speech? </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>foreign language is academic. im not sure if theology is though. health usually isnt, but i think speech is. If you applied EA your senior year grades won't matter. If you applied RD, two B's in AP's won't look bad neccesarily, but it won't look good, and considering your grades are already near the low end, I would advise trying to get them up as much as possible.</p>

<p>Like I say for most people; You're definitely a reasonable applicant, and you've got a great chance!</p>