Any info is appreciated!
Rising senior from Irvine, Cal
Asian male with upper-mid class family income (rip)
School: very open with the type of school, preferably out of state however
Intended major: Political Science, Law, Business, English, Philosophy
Garbage GPA 4.02 weighted, 3.74 unweighted (4.23 weighted 10-12)
SAT: 1570 (770 writing 800 math) in summer of freshman year
SAT subject tests: 800 in math 2, expecting a high 700 in USH, mid 700 with Literature
APs: 5s in APUSH, Calc AB, APHUG and 4s in Physics 1, Literature, and Physics C (i took physics c and literature outside of the school)
Senior Year course list
- AP Compsci
- AP Lang
- AP Stats
- AP Physics C
- AP Macro
- Honors Gov (don’t offer AP)
- no language
- Professional ghostwriting for novels - ghostwriting action/adventure novels for online clients, have made over 5000 dollars
- Started my own local streetwear business and made over 500 dollars, registered name in California business name database
- 7-8 years of clarinet
- 3 years in an honors chamber music group earning over 2000 dollars in scholarships together and earning the opportunity to tour internationally
- consistently first chair in all of middle school to high school
- Police Explorers - over 300 hours of volunteering in police uniform in public events like marathons, parades, etc.
- Recording and selling CDs of my clarinet playing for Smile Train for 80 volunteer hours
- Summer internship from sophomore-junior at a medium-sized streetwear business, doing inventory, tech support, etc.
- Summer internship from junior-senior at a venture capital fund, doing research and surveys
- California Boys State this summer, ran for and won Senator
- Produced electronic music and numerous songs under an alias, acquired over 100 million views on youtube, started in 7th grade and ended in 9th grade
- Co-founded the Cash For Good club, which takes microloans from students and uses the money to fund small businesses in countries like India and Pakistan.
2nd place award in 9th grade for regional clarinet solo competition
1st place award in 10th grade for regional clarinet solo competition
Published a research paper on the environmental effects of fast fashion and its solutions to a journal
Gold presidential service award in 2018, completed over 100 hours of volunteer work outside of Police Explorers
First Place in the International Summa Cum Laude Music Festival with Clarinet in Vienna, Austria
I’ve already been working on my essays, I’m interested in sticking out with a possible streetwear culture angle to my essays. Also considering driving home my practicality, etc.
Recs: two decent recs
UCs, UMich, Tufts, Emory, Georgetown, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, Northwestern
if you can reverse chance me thatll also be highly appreciated, thanks guys