-cornell typically takes 15-20 kids from my school – competitive public school in the east coast. i’m trying to eventually go to pharm school. i’m a rising junior
-gpa: 4.0 UW, ~4.8 W no class rank but i think i’m around top 20 in a class of 500
-courseload [aps start junior year for most] :
all honors 9th and 10th grade
(11th grade) ap calc bc, ap chem, ap lang, ap physics 1+2[self studied], ap bio
(12th grade) ap physics c em and ap physics c m, multivariable calculus, apush, ap lit, maybe ap micro
-sat/act: 1550 sat, 35 ACT, 800 math subject test
- allstates 3x (pretty high seats)
-2 really big city youth orchestras in my area (different states but good reputations)
-school section leader 4x
-volunteering work for a pretty big adult-led npo.
will be submitting arts supplement
- hospital volunteering- did since my soph year at a local hospital 4 hrs/week. i actually really liked this so you should try it out if you like it!
- researching- worked with a local prof on some stuff and i'm planning on submitting to science fairs and hopefully qualify for something larger
- swimming- quit club swimming but i've been a member of my school's varsity swim team since my freshman year. nothing too special here but swimming took up so much of my time during the winter
- teacher's assistant/lab aide- idk if this counts but my junior year i was a lab aide for one of my stem teachers during my study halls. i want her to write my rec but this was also something that i took out of my normal day to do.
- i tried starting a medforum club at my school but they're waiting on club approvals right now. we'll see though
- tried out for columbia shp recently and results come in 17 days--> i'll keep this post updated.
don’t be afraid to be really stark and harsh- i need it. thanks