Chance for CALS AEM

<p>High School GPA:
3.86 UW GPA
4.16 W GPA
(Took the most rigorous IB course load possible at a school that ranks Top 10 in the nation consistently on an annual basis)</p>

<p>12th Grade Course load: IB2 Chemistry HL, IB2 Biology HL, IB2 Mathematics HL, IB Environmental Systems SL, IB2 Literature SL, IB2 History HL, IB2 Spanish SL, IB TOK</p>

<p>Standardized Scores:
ACT: 34
SAT II: 800 Math II, 800 Chemistry, 700 Biology, 800 Korean</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:
National Honor Society
Spanish Honor Society
Science Olympiad (Captain)
Symphonic Band (Principle Chair)
DECA Business Club - (Co-Founder)</p>

<p>Tutor at Hispanic Outreach Program (10th - present)
Volunteer at Local Hospital (Patient Care) (10th - present)
Korean School Assistant Teacher - (12th)
Experience working in Local Court Hearings as Korean-English translator
Experience dissecting Human Cadavers at Local University
Business program with Customer Interaction at Nissan Automotive Headquarters </p>

<p>Work:
Research Intern at Biofuel Energy Laboratory (Summer of 11th Grade)
Worked at parents' Dry Cleaner since 6th grade</p>

<p>Fantastic Essays chronicling Parent's business adversities in America, very candid essays
Good LOR's from Teachers
Additional Recommendation from Research Mentor - His daughter goes to Cornell</p>

<p>Hooks:
First Generation College Applicant</p>

<p>Asian Male</p>

<p>Also: Note that at my school, a student cannot hold any board position in more than one club.</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>While your stats look strong, it is all relative to other students from your school and fit with the school.
How many students apply to Cornell or Cornell AEM from your school? How many enroll?
AEM is one of the most selective programs at Cornell.
Are you from New York State?</p>

<p>You may want to apply to both AEM and CAS (Economics). Two separate applications.</p>

<p>I feel as if AEM would be a better fit than CAS. You would definitely have to show your connection to the AEM program since you seem to have a number of slightly unrelated EC's.</p>

<p>Also, your stats are probably better than a number of people that actually get into AEM, so I wouldn't worry about your statistical competitiveness.</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses! Islander4, is there a particular reason that AEM would be a better fit to me than CAS? Also, my ECs are that way because I wanted them to stay relevant in case I wanted to pursue a career other than business. </p>

<p>Also, I am from the state of Michigan, and not many people apply to Cornell from my school. Does admissions compare you to other applicants from your same school?</p>