Chance me at All Ivies All UCs + Stanford, Duke, JHUand mid tier colleges Georgia Tech, UMich

<p>I’m an Comp. Sci./EE applicant to most of these colleges</p>

<p>Ethnicity: Asian </p>

<p>Legacies: None</p>

<p>Income: $250,000+</p>

<p>GPA: 3.87 UW 4.3 Weighted
Junior Year Courses: AP Calc AB, AP Physics B, AP English Language, Spanish 3, Speech and Debate, Reg. U.S. History
Senior Year Courses: AP Calc BC, AP Chem, AP Lit, AP Macroecon., AP Gov., Digital Electronics, Speech and Debate</p>

<p>Standardized Test Scores:</p>

<p>Best Composite ACT score: 33
Super Score ACT: 34</p>

<p>1st ACT test (September 2014):
Composite: 31
English: 34
Math: 31
Reading: 33
Science: 27
Combined English/Writing: 33
Writing: 10</p>

<p>2nd ACT Test (October 2014)
Composite: 33
English: 33
Math: 35
Reading: 32
Science: 32
Combined English/Writing: 32
Writing: 10</p>

<p>SAT II Scores:
Math IIC: 760
Physics: 710</p>

<p>SAT 1 Score (Jan. 2014): 2130
1st Test:<br>
Math: 800
CR: 630
Writing: 700</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:

  1. Fencing - 8 years
    14 hours/week 48 weeks a year
    Two time national champion in Division II and Division III fencing
    Top 16 in Cadet Fencing Junior Olympics
    Multiple Top 32 and Top 16 results in Junior Men’s Foil and Cadet Men’s Foil in North American Cups
    Competed in Budapest, Hungary to represent U.S. in Designated tournament</p>

<p>(Support to NYU, JHU, Stevens Institute of Tech, Recomendation by coach (not full support) at UPenn, Duke, MIT)</p>

<p>2) Speech and Debate - 6 years
Member with Distinction - 300 NFL points
Congressional Debate Chair at Number 1 (varies from 1 to 2) ranked team in Nation - 2 years
5 hours a week, most of school year</p>

<p>Volunteer Service - 303 hours at place related to major for 3 years</p>

<p>Awards/Honors:
AP Scholar
(fencing awards described in EC)
1st place Optimist Oratorical Tournament (regional)</p>

<p>Recommendations: Strong, but not really outstanding most likely. *Outstanding Recommendation from my debate coach I’ve known for 6 years, knows me very well</p>

<p>Eh, I don’t know really. I don’t really see fencing as being as huge of a factor as some other sports. Maybe I’m totally wrong, to be honest I am probably not knowledgeable enough to comment on that.</p>

<p>however, with your average test scores and slightly below average gpa, and regardless of how amazing fencing is, your still national level so it will help a lot, I think these schools are low reaches for you. </p>

<p>If you were like nationally ranked in a sport that was more well known I would be more comfortable saying they were a match which is incredible considering the caliber of these schools, but a low reach is pretty amazing too.</p>

<p>Props and kudos to you on winning nationals for fencing.</p>

<p>^ btw I was talking about harvard, yale, princeton, etc. Just the highest ivies and schools. For others your chances would be higher. But honestly your not here to ask about those other schools. Everyone, and for good reason, just wants to know about the ivies and stanford.</p>

<p>Just maybe for some perspective, one student at my school was accepted to Cornell about a month ago. </p>

<p>She had a 1900 SAT and 4.0 GPA and was a nationally ranked gymnast. She did full IB.</p>

<p>@Bailkun‌ How is a 3.87 UW with a rigorous schedule “below average”?</p>

<p>To the OP, I think you have a chance. However, many colleges don’t superscore the ACT- your 33 on the ACT is still better than your SAT score though. Also, the lack of ECs relating to your major may hurt, but you have positives like nat. ranked sport and small number of ECs with large committment. I think mid/lower UCs and GT = safeties/matches, rest are low reach+.</p>

<p>@awesomekid‌ for harvard, princeton, yale, 3.87 is below average for those who are accepted.</p>

<p>For example Harvard’s average unweighted GPA was 3.94 last year</p>

<p>In at Brown. Waitlisted at Duke.</p>

<p>Im a bit confused about what you mean mnm111, could you elaborate?</p>