<p>So…First Post…
Class of 2016
Gender: Male
Race: Other
Freshman Weighted GPA ~ 4.1+ [Refer to the Notes]</p>
<p>Freshman Class Schedule:
2 APs
All of the Others Honors
Extra Math Class</p>
<p>Sophomore Class Schedule:
3 APs
All of the Others Honors</p>
<p>Junior Class Schedule:
5 APs
All of the Others Honors</p>
<p>Senior Class Schedule:
4-7 APs [Uncertain]
All of the Others Honors</p>
<p>EC:
Freshman Year:
Speech and Debate
Science Olympiad
Investment Club
Hip Hop Club [I Dance. = ]</p>
<p>Sophomore Year:
Speech and Debate
Investment Club
Hip Hop Club
Club That Goes and Tutors Students at a School
Asian American Society Club
Math Competition
Model UN - Went to NHSMUN
Film Club
[Some Others That I Forgot.-.]</p>
<p>Junior and Senior Year Plans:
Start Up a Club
Keep the Other Clubs
Get Presidency or Other Valued Positions
GO TO HMUN! (Harvard Model UN) [Really Excited For That]
Get to Nationals with Science Olympiad and Speech and Debate</p>
<p>Interesting Things About Me I Guess for Bonus Points or Something?:
Immigrated During War Time
Speak Italian / Farsi
I have plans to compete in several bike races…and if possible get somewhere with cycling…? :o
I’m not really sure what else to say…Maybe this’ll be more interesting after my Junior year.</p>
<p>Notes Though:
My GPA is currently really low…Honestly…the first two years of school here, I was pretty much depressed and just out of it. I had moved here from another school and yeah…I had a hard time trying to find friends/Yeah…Not too mention, I was taking prescribed medicine that had side effects of depression and yeah…I can’t really excuse my flaws…
I am pretty good with creative writing. Writing poems and whatnot.
The essay should be rather easy.
Getting recommendation letters would be easy too, my counselor told me that she understands what I went through and yeah…
I can also ace my interview. ~ Good talker/Know what to say</p>
<p>So…Could you possibly chance me for any schools mostly in the East Coast - Mainly PA? Any “good” colleges.</p>
<p>Thank you so much everyone!</p>
<p>Club That Goes and Tutors Students at a School- I love this. So Monty Python ( we are the knights that say ni). I hope this is the actual name
</p>
<p>Chancing you for a particular college is not really possible without scores. Your GPA is in the past so don’t dwell on it. Just keep moving forward and do your best. You have some cool interests- biking, hip hop. Multilingual.
I think, if you do your best, continue to follow your interests, and take a realistic look at colleges that fit you, you are going to end up in a place where you will be happy. Don’t only focus on top schools, that are reaches for most people. They might not be the best fit for you- and there are many more that will be. </p>
<p>Keep reading and looking for schools that are good, interesting, affordable, and you are likely to get accepted. Depending on what you want to study, there are many in PA, and on the east coast to consider.</p>
<p>Look at: Dickinson, Franklin and Marshall, Juniata, Muhlenberg. These vary in selectivity. All have been popular with some students. Each is different so just learn about them for starts. </p>
<p>Visit the websites for schools that you might be interested in and go from there.
You have posted no test scores, AP results, Family Income, what you ideal schools are etc.When you ask to be chanced, its up to you to provide DETAILED information for more compatibility.
Bets of luck to you.</p>
<p>Oh…I’m really sorry. I’m really new to this as you can tell.</p>
<p>AP Scores Freshman :
Biology - 3
World History - 3</p>
<p>I have no other scores, yet.</p>
<p>Family Income:
Uhm…I’m not sure what to say here…But…$250,000+?</p>
<p>Bump? ;-;
Possible Colleges to Chance Me For, Maybe?
NYU
Penn State - Schreyers
UPenn
Michigan State
Pittsburgh
Lehigh
Lafayette
Nova
Bucknell
Rutgers
Drexel</p>
<p>Etc.
Excuse my spelling.
Thank you in advance. </p>
<p>Honey, you need to focus in on about 4 or 5 ECs. You have way too many to show actual commitment to them.</p>
<p>You’re a sophomore so relax with your GPA this year it happens to the best of us. A 4.1 freshman year will still buffer out the damage you did this year, so just have a kick ass junior year and you’ll be fine. You need to take SATs and ACTs before we can get a fully comprehensible view of your chances at schools. If your GPA ends up being a 3.75 - 4 and have good test scores everything on your list is achievable except for UPenn and maybe Nova idk much about that school. Just keep working and don’t worry about your list until your deep in your junior year.</p>
<p>Without getting into the academics of the schools you are interested, they appear to be very, very different types. Some are in major cities some are in small towns. Some are large, some are small. Some are big time Division 1 sports schools and some are Division II or even III. I am going to suggest that you see if you can convince someone to take a little road trip this summer and visit some campuses and see if you can figure out what type of school you want and in what kind of location. Maybe none of that matters or is that important but it is one of things that you can begin to work on this early in the process. Narrow your focus and it will be easier for you. Best of luck to you. </p>
<p>PS. If you have access to Naviance at your school it can be a big help once you identify the type of school you want to help you develop your list. </p>