Chance Me Carleton College ED 2
Hi! I have applied for ED 2. I feel like I have done a lot and have a good shot, but I am super nervous that I did something wrong, and I was wondering if anyone could give me my chances of getting into Carleton College.
State: New Mexico
GPA: UW 4.0 W 4.55
Class rank: 2/308
I didn’t submit ACT/SAT
AP Test: 1 five, and three fours
Major: Chemistry, Physics or Political Science
Bilingual and can speak Spanish.
I took five honor classes and have completed 6 AP classes. I am taking another 6 AP classes this year.
8th Grade- AP Spanish
9th- Honors Geometry + Honors English
10th- AP World + Honors Algebra 2 + Honors English
11th- AP Chem, APUSH, AP Lang, AP Calc AB
12th- AP Psychology, AP Literature, AP Stats, AP Physics, AP Gov/Econ, AP Studio Art
(I got accepted into Macalester, Bard, and The College of Wooster EA all with scholarships!)
- Student Board Member at Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation (Fundraising organization, grant funds to innovative projects in public schools. I am part of the disbursement committee, so I help choose where these funds go!)
- With this foundation and in collaboration with college and career counselors, I also organized first-generation college workshops for students in public schools.
- Law Internship over the summer
- Blogging leader for Women in Politics group
- French Club President (10) VP (11-12)
- Stem club
- Key club
- AP Ambassador ( help raise funds for AP Exams + mentor students in AP Classes
- Art ( my art was selected out of 140+ pieces and shown in a local gallery featuring high schoolers’ work involved all four years of high school in art. My art was featured in the yearbook and demonstrated in our school’s art show)
NM Governor’s STEM Challenge Winner
Scholastic Art Silver Key
2 Scholastic Art Honorable Mention
AP Scholar with Distinction
Academic Excellence Award
Strong Recs from math teacher ( I had her sophomore year, was a student aid for her 11, and I am one of her favorite students!!), English teacher from 11th and my Art Teacher, who I had for three years.
Common App essay about how I officially became a nerd. For the supplementals, I wrote about the community in New Mexico and how its diversity taught me a lot, and I wrote a why Carleton essay.
I had an interview that I think went decent ( It lasted a full hour which I think is a good sign?), and I had a tour at Carleton twice.
I also submitted a portfolio with eight pieces of art and wrote an art personal statement. Most of the art were from my AP art portfolio that deals with how environmental and social issues impact mythical creatures ( Unicorn taxidermy, a lady wearing werewolf fur, a mermaid with trash around her, yeti + climate change, etc.) I am nervous that I shouldn’t have submitted a portfolio if they don’t like my art. I am worried that it could negatively affect me.
Downfalls- I got accepted into Macalester, Bard, and Wooster with a different Common App essay. I decided to rewrite it to make it more personal and meaningful, and I am nervous that my new essay isn’t as good as the other one that got me accepted into those places. I only took French for three years; I had to drop it this year due to my heavy workload. I feel like my essays are not good. I am good at art and have won some awards, but I am scared that if the faculty doesn’t like my art, it could take away from the prizes I won. I applied for financial aid.
Sorry this is such a long ramble, but I am freaking out!! I can’t see myself anywhere else but Carleton.
Thank you to anyone who responds!