Hey y’all, can you take a look at my stats and lmk if I can get into Columbia ED? Thanks!
SAT/ACT → Going to take a 3rd time, but superscore 1480 (750 math, 730 English)
Subject tests → Math II (not yet), Bio 760, Chem 780
GPA → 3.7(UW), 5.17(W)
Teacher Recs → Chem and Math teacher, they both loved me, I participated in class a lot so they have a lot of stories about me, idk about Counselor
APs (Jr year) → CSAP (4), WHAP (5), AP Lang (5), AP Physics 1 (4)
APs (Sr Year) → AP Literature and Composition, AP Psychology (self study, not class), AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Spanish Language and Composition, AP Calc AB (gonna take BC test tho)
- Columbia SHP
- Alzheimer’s Research at Columbia University’s Taub Institute
- Allergy Awareness Club Committee Head
- Student Council Executive Board
- Badminton, have won a few tournaments
- NHS, Science Honors Society (prob a few more later on)
- Continuing Medical Education Presenter
- Kumon Teacher
- Key Club Latchkey Volunteer
- Volunteered at JFK Hospital
Awards: I don’t really have anything here, idk if it is very important
Common App Essay: prob 8-9, but I’m still working on it. Talking about why I did the research, how I innovated an idea and presented it to judges, top 20 finalists in entire state, passionate about Alzheimer’s, how I will continue to work on this solution, etc.
Why Columbia: need a little help here, any current students willing to lmk underrated and other facts that only students know about?
Intended Major: Comp Sci.
School Type → competitive, public
Ethnicity and Gender: Indian, female